• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Could we please get the ability to shift ALL layers contents at once?

MilesThatch

Right now, if you, for whatever reason need just a little bit more space on the left or top side of your level design, you basically need to manually move each tilemap content one layer at a time by cutting and pasting, select all objects one layer at a time, each asset layer content. The Select from All Layers feature doesn't work across different layer types. Can we just bet a button like we had in 1.4 for shifting an entire content. I understand that if tiles are involved then you'd only be able to move in the increments of the tile grid size but it's still better than moving each layer one by one. Either that or just add an Expansion feature that will expand the room left and above (I know you can't make a room with negative x and y coordinates so make the thing just shift the assets and expand the room at the same time)

S

Steven Brent

This would be a great help to me right now as I've encountered a horrible bug which has resulted in all instances in every room to be shifted down and to the left. I posted here in the forums on it and also filed a bug report.

MilesThatch

Has there been any developments on this feature? Could really use this right about now on a large level with lots of tiles, assets and objects,