• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Could not find audio file for sound since updating GMS2

RyanC

Hi All,

Since I have upgraded to the latest version of Game Maker Studio, my game will fail to find the music for certain tracks.

If I listen to them in the IDE and then play the game they will all work, But every time I clear the cache, random ones will not be found.

Error Message
COggAudio PlaySound- could not find audio file for sound sn_heat_of_desert.ogg

I have tried loading in all the sounds again and saving the project but as soon as the cache is cleared the same issue exists.

Any help greatly appreciated!

RyanC

Export the project as a YYZ and import it again.
No change, there are still always 3 or 4 tracks out of 10 that are not found unless playing every track in the IDE before launch.

It's something wrong with the new update. In the release notes of the latest version is states: FIXED an issue where projects which contain a large number of audio files could fail to build.

It must be to do with the recent changes. My project only has about 20 audio files. half are ogg music (compressed streamed), and half are wav (uncompressed not streamed)

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Is there any observable pattern regarding which of the resources work / don't work as expected? That may make tracking the source of the issue easier.

Either way, please file a bug report as this shouldn't be happening in the first place.

RyanC

@RyanC Did you fix this?
My project also stopped loading some music files after an update and it was working really fine before.
No, This is still an issue I'm am hoping will be fixed in an update.

What version of GMS2 are you using?

I am on IDE v2.3.2.560 & Runtime v2.3.2.426 which still has the issue.

clee2005

@RyanC I had this issue too when exporting to iOS or Android. It was usually just 1 of my sounds or music tracks. I was able to work around it by duplicating the asset and deleting the old one, then renaming the new one back to the original name. Then export again and it would build. Occasionally, it would fail on another sound and I'd repeat and it'd work. The issue is not consistent and can disappear for weeks, only to show up again seemingly randomly. I'm on the latest GMS2 IDE and Runtime, and it's been happening through the last few updates including this one.

Andrey

It looks like some sounds are not being copied to the cache. I already posted this bug 2 weeks ago. I hope they will fix it.

Flo

Are you using the Steam version?
If yes, ditch it and download the standalone one.
Steam version is full of bugs (and random missing audio is one of them).

Leonardon

Suddenly started to work again and I have not changed anything.
A few days ago I made an update and is still working.

yes my GMS2 is from Steam.