Could i get copyrighted for too similar style? (Earthbound)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by fridai, Dec 14, 2018.

1. fridai

fridai Member

I've started drawing characters, and before i get too deep and spent too much time on it, i have to know if for example my style <without black borders> and diffrent look is enough to avoid copyright problems, as obviously i used as an example characters from earthbound. what do you think, can i freely make more without worrying about copyright or should i make new, my own "lineart" for characters. (It's not question if they Look good, im asking about copyrights so ...shhhh xD )
    <image deleted, i already got answer i needed, thank you :v >

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  2. Cantavanda

Cantavanda 〜Flower Prince〜

If you could get copyright striked for similar styles, then no music at all or no platformer games would be released today.
    Don't worry!

fridai likes this.
  3. Jabbers

Jabbers Member

This doesn't fly in Australia and so I'd be surprised if other parts of the western world tried to enforce it in a drastically different way.

Source

fridai likes this.
  4. RichHopefulComposer

RichHopefulComposer Member

Won't get a copyright strike, but some people will think you're lazy and lame if you're *too* close. Everyone is inspired by other art. Just make sure you're adding your own ideas to what you make, and you'll be fine!

fridai and PlayerOne like this.
  5. ethian

ethian Member

As they said me before, art styles can't be copyrighted, so don't worry!