• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Corrupted Install - Can you help me fix it please?

AndrewN

Hello,

During an update of Gamemaker I had a powercut and the install didn't finish. I have tried uninstalling, but the uninstall.exe isn't present. Can you tell me how I can uninstall Gamemaker 2 please.

Cheers,

Andrew

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Download the installer from the website and then run it. It should uninstall the old version for you.

AndrewN

Hello,

Thanks Nocturne. I tried that and it fails because I think it also looks for the uninstall.exe.

Cheers,

Andrew

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Do a regedit search for the GameMakerStudio.exe and then remove the entry (should be in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section). If you aren't sure how to go about that, let me know and I'll give more details. Once that's done, re-run the installer and it should work.

AndrewN

Thanks Nocturne. It took a while to find with register to delete, but I go there in the end and have been able to reinstall GM2 :)