• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Corrupted game and game files

I

IndigoSTORM75

Hi,

My game got suddenly corrupted. Many of the game files were were emptied down to 0 bytes, including all the step scripts (but not eg. create or alarm scripts), some sound files (but not all) and some sprites (yet animations lost only their first frames). I managed to recover the lost sprites and the sound files but was unable to get back the step scripts. I found that the sounds and images can be recovered from the build cache - any chance the scripts are cached somewhere as well?

Using IDE version 2.3.2.556

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I'm not aware of code being cached anywhere in its raw form (at most in its compiled form).

Do you have a backup of your game? If so, load the backup. If not, start making backups so you won't lose a lot if this happens again. Even better yet, start using source control so that data loss is no longer synonymous with hardware damage, loss or theft.