Forum Game Corrupt-a-wish

Z

zendraw

Pretty sure that's still worth having lol

Granted but they become the new apex predator and you become just as much hunted as they are

I wish unicorns were real
thats a pretty good place to be in

Granted but the AAA games it builds already exist

I wish I could sleep and wake up whenever I wanted (without feeling tired or being unable to sleep)
granted, but you dont feel sleepy anymore.

i wish youtube wuld let me comment again...

Gamer (ex-Cantavanda)

〜Flower Prince〜
But each time you sleep you go to a nightmare hell dimension full of demons and witches who all hate you and there is nothing good in it not even the witches are cute and pretty they're 💩💩💩💩ing ugly pieces of 💩💩💩💩 which is a shame so there's basically nothing fun about it.

I wish that every girl in the whole universe would fall in love with me

EDIT: Damn I didn't see the blacklemon post!
Uhh, yes, you could comment again, but every comment you make gets over 100 replies of people insulting your appearance, personal life, youtube videos and calling you gay

Z

zendraw

I wish that every girl in the whole universe would fall in love with me

granted, but you become incapable of loving them back.

i wish a wild snorlax wuld appear and trash a cantavanda.

jo-thijs

> I wish I could fly.

That's alead been wished for, but ...
Granted! You can fly! But you can't land anymore. You figure this disability out by crashing into the floor, causing you serious injuries.

> I wish I could always quickly type what I want to type without ever making a typo.

T

Tirous

Granted but the AAA games it builds already exist

I wish I could sleep and wake up whenever I wanted (without feeling tired or being unable to sleep)
What's the worth of sleep if you don't have the tire to bring you to joyfully wish to be embraced by it?
At that point sleep is merely a clunky time machine; one that gives you no information about where you're going, and no way to undo mistakes.

I wish Bernie Sanders won the USA presidency, and had a congressional majority in both chambers.

Z

zendraw

I wish Bernie Sanders won the USA presidency, and had a congressional majority in both chambers.

granted, but he returns you to the stone age and now you drive your car like the flinstones.

i wish i had a better notebook to write in.

jo-thijs

> I wish I had a better notebook to wite in.

Granted! Others noticed your cool notebook too and now always expect you to make notes about everything for them.

> I wish people would notice this thread has a second page by now.

andev

What's the worth of sleep if you don't have the tire to bring you to joyfully wish to be embraced by it?
Exactly, that's how the wish was corrupted. In my original wish, you'd just feel sleepy when you wanted to, so if you got under a blanket and shut your eyes you'd start to feel that tiredness.

> I wish people would notice this thread has a second page by now.
Granted but it gets really messy because no one seems to use quotes anymore

I wish for technology that allows you to experience anything as if it were real life (but you can just turn it off whenever and return).

I wish for technology that allows you to experience anything as if it were real life (but you can just turn it off whenever and return).
Granted, but it's so much fun that you don't ever choose to actually turn it off.

I wish Mario Maker came out on Nintendo Switch. (Legitimate wish).

andev

Granted, but it's so much fun that you don't ever choose to actually turn it off.

I wish Mario Maker came out on Nintendo Switch. (Legitimate wish).
Granted but it's ported really badly so it's buggy and nowhere near as fun. They also discontinue it on its native platform.

I wish for an infinitely long tape measure (with markings please)

RujiK

You never run out of toilet paper because you are abducted by aliens and they fill your orifices with the necessary tubes.

I wish the next person who comments would give me a nice compliment.

hippyman

I wish I could always find the end of the tape
Granted, but the tape has no more stick left.

I wish for instant death upon myself and eternal darkness.
Please nobody "reach out" to me. This is just a joke and I'm interested in how somebody can spin this wish.

Last edited:

jo-thijs

Please nobody "reach out" to me. This is just a joke and I'm interested in how somebody can spin this wish.
Granted! But you get reborn as a creature that suffers connstant pain.
And people keep trying to reach out to you on these forums witout success.

I wish @andev has more stick left.

andev

That's already bad? Eternal darkness?

Ok, granted but I'm going to use this definition of instant
upload_2017-12-5_19-57-35.png
which means there's still time for a life of pain and suffering between now and your instant death.

Ninja'd while thinking of my own wish :mad:

Granted! But you get reborn as a creature that suffers connstant pain.
He said he wanted eternal darkness, which I assume prevents you from being reborn. Unless the suffering creature he's reborn as is blind?

What? :D

jo-thijs

He said he wanted eternal darkness, which I assume prevents you from being reborn. Unless the suffering creature he's reborn as is blind?
yup

You tried to undo the negative effect of your previous wish, but got another negative effect in return.
I tried to undo tha negative effect for you.

Although I'm not entirely sure what was meant with:
So I ended up writing:
which does sound very confusing.

Well then, I now rewish my non-granted wish from before:
I wish I could always quikly type wat I want to typ without evr makng a typo.

RujiK

You receive quick 100% accuracy in typing but you become extremely indecisive and it takes you forever to figure out what you want to write.

I wish game maker was way more like RPG maker.

Z

zendraw

You receive quick 100% accuracy in typing but you become extremely indecisive and it takes you forever to figure out what you want to write.

I wish game maker was way more like RPG maker.
granted, but you started using unity.

> i wish game maker had a more adequate casual D&D & level editing for instant actual game deving, instead of programming. programming is not game deving...

andev

Although I'm not entirely sure what was meant with:
> Granted, but the tape has no more stick left.
I assumed it meant that the tape would no longer be sticky (and therefore useless).

> i wish game maker had a more adequate casual D&D & level editing for instant actual game deving, instead of programming. programming is not game deving...
Granted but they drop development for GML entirely in favor of this *slightly more adequate* D&D system.

I wish writing low level code was the same simplicity/speed of writing as GML.

I wish writing low level code was the same simplicity/speed of writing as GML.
Granted. But this was accomplished by severely reducing the capabilities of GML, so that it in order to write a line of code instead of typing something, (even a curly bracket) you manually drag an obscurely labeled box into a gigantic and unorganized list of other boxes. In exchange, you don't have to learn how to find the underscore key.

I wish I was less sarcastic, so that I don't ever offend people when I try to be funny.

andev

I wish I was less sarcastic, so that I don't ever offend people when I try to be funny.
Granted, you are now no longer sarcastic, but everything else you say somehow manages to offend the person you're talking to

I wish I had a pair of scissors that could cut through anything like it's paper

I wish I had a pair of scissors that could cut through anything like it's paper
Granted. You have a normal pair of scissors, and everything else in the world has turned into paper. Including you. It's like Paper Mario.

Actually, that might be awesome.

I wish Nintendo made a new Paper Mario game that was like the first two.

Bingdom

Googledom
>I wish doing the washing up took a few seconds
Granted but you never use detergent.

I wish the average viewer had enough IQ to understand Rick and Morty (yeah... that meme is getting kinda old).

D

Destroy

> I wish the average viewer had enough IQ to understand Rick and Morty

Granted, a person with -350 billion IQ was born, bringing the average IQ down by 50 as requested.

I wish nukes were globally disposed of and banned.

A

Alex Lyons

I wish I could be in the sun without ever getting sunburnt
Granted because being sunburnt is the least of your worries when you're IN the sun.

I wish my talents as a game developer could be appreciated when I'm home from college.

andev

I wish my talents as a game developer could be appreciated when I'm home from college.
Granted but your course is continually extended so you never get to return from college.

I wish I could always have access to drinkable water wherever I am.

Granted but your course is continually extended so you never get to return from college.

I wish I could always have access to drinkable water wherever I am.
Its just a shame you'd always be trapped in thunder storms no matter where you went. Good luck drinking the water while dodging lightning.

I wish I was a NPC in Roller Coaster Tycoon so I could ride all the cool roller coasters I made.

andev

I wish I was a NPC in Roller Coaster Tycoon so I could ride all the cool roller coasters I made.
Granted but when the game is not being played you remain conscious, frozen, staring at whatever you were looking at before the player saved to exit. And it's quite likely your owner already stopped playing you a long time ago.

I wish we had hologram technology

Granted but when the game is not being played you remain conscious, frozen, staring at whatever you were looking at before the player saved to exit. And it's quite likely your owner already stopped playing you a long time ago.

I wish we had hologram technology
Your wish has been granted, but every time you make a hologram of something, then something similar disappears permanently from existence. Make a lion holigram a lion is removed from existence. If the world runs out of lions, then a different big cat will disappear, then all the cats, then all the four legged animals, then all the two legged animals and so on.

I wish sand was less sandy.

Granted, it is now less sandy but you and only you experience it even more sandy than it was before you wished.

I wish people didn't die of old age
This isn't even a corrupted wish, just a reality as people don't die of old age, instead they get afflicted by everything else over 200 or so years. Before you know it people are comatose. Alive, but unable to function or do anything without help or a machine doing it for them. Oh and if they didn't die of old age, they'd suicide to get out of life.

I wish the dodo bird was still alive. They're pretty cool. No way that wish could possibly backfire.

Gamebot

I wish the dodo bird was still alive. They're pretty cool. No way that wish could possibly backfire
Granted! You become the dodo. It doesn't take long before you've gone away with the dodo. (You forgot dodo's don't fly, off a cliff)

I wish to be the first interstellar traveler

Last edited:

andev

I wish to be the first interstellar traveler
Granted, but you are also the last, as you survive a horrific space accident without anyone on earth knowing. They just assume the worst from the broadcasts that made it back, and outlaw further expeditions.

I think because you are a new member (welcome btw :)), this post was not visible as I did not see this before:
I wish I had a bottomless beer barrel :D
Granted, but it's the weakest and most disgusting beer ever.

I wish the oceans weren't polluted by humans

Granted, but you are also the last, as you survive a horrific space accident without anyone on earth knowing. They just assume the worst from the broadcasts that made it back, and outlaw further expeditions.

I think because you are a new member (welcome btw :)), this post was not visible as I did not see this before:

Granted, but it's the weakest and most disgusting beer ever.

I wish the oceans weren't polluted by humans
Because humans never existed. Instead its just whales pooping. You've done more than doom the human race, you've condemned it to having never existed.

I wish for friendly terminators to exist... you know like Friendlinators. Cyberneticists go make it happen!

C

ChampionChains

Because humans never existed. Instead its just whales pooping. You've done more than doom the human race, you've condemned it to having never existed.

I wish for friendly terminators to exist... you know like Friendlinators. Cyberneticists go make it happen!
Friendlinators are created by the worlds top cyberneticists. An unforeseen side effect is that the Friendlinators are so friendly that they can't stop hugging every human they encounter, humans starve to death locked in the arms of machines. The Earth's human population is decimated with only a small pocket of hug-resistance fighters led by Cohn Jonnor remaining.

My wish would be for the real world to have the technology of the Jetsons; 60's styled bubble houses on stilts, robo maids, funny looking flying cars, the whole shebang.

jo-thijs

Friendlinators are created by the worlds top cyberneticists. An unforeseen side effect is that the Friendlinators are so friendly that they can't stop hugging every human they encounter, humans starve to death locked in the arms of machines. The Earth's human population is decimated with only a small pocket of hug-resistance fighters led by Cohn Jonnor remaining.

My wish would be for the real world to have the technology of the Jetsons; 60's styled bubble houses on stilts, robo maids, funny looking flying cars, the whole shebang.
Wish granted!
However, the government and big companies are using this technology to spy on everyone and control everything in everyone's life.
On top of that, your well-being is not a concern to them.

> I wish you all a merry christmas!

Wish granted!

Everyone has the most fantastically Merry Christmas in the history of Merry Christmases. It is talked about for millennia to come. Unfortunately, as Christmas was the only specific day you wished to be Merry, the corrupt-a-wish demon makes every other day the most miserable days ever for ever and ever after...

I wish for the entire planet to switch immediately to the use of sustainable renewable energy sources.

andev

I wish for the entire planet to switch immediately to the use of sustainable renewable energy sources.
Granted, but due to the infrastructure still being in its infancy, electricity is rationed to a schedule for the next 10 years. You can only have 2 lights on, and one extra device (most likely your fridge). And even though electric cars are allowed, the rationing makes it hard to charge.

I wish light sabers were real

C

ChampionChains

Granted, but due to the infrastructure still being in its infancy, electricity is rationed to a schedule for the next 10 years. You can only have 2 lights on, and one extra device (most likely your fridge). And even though electric cars are allowed, the rationing makes it hard to charge.

I wish light sabers were real
Granted!

With the introduction of light sabers, hospitals see a sharp rise in lost limbs due to people with little to no training in sword fighting going out to buy the "hot new gadget". 15% of all citizens who live to graduate high school now do so missing at least one arm. On the upside, the military invested heavily in properly implementing and training recruits on how to competently wield the new super weapons. They're rolled out as standard equipment in all western military organizations. Somehow though, we lacked the foresight to realize that having a light saber doesn't mean you also can wield the force. Apparently rocket propelled grenades and AK-47s easily win out against bright swords that act as nothing more than melee ranged flares signaling to the enemy "here I am! shoot here to win!". ISIS conquers the world. Under Sharia law, light sabers are considered a relic of the now dead western culture and are banned.

I wish my pubic hair all grew in clusters on the tops of my feet and I lived in a hole in the ground. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.

andev

I wish my pubic hair all grew in clusters on the tops of my feet and I lived in a hole in the ground. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort.
This is an unusual wish. However, granted, but you never find a partner to share your hole-dwelling desires. So as cozy as your hole-in-the-ground is, you can never fill the growing hole in your heart caused by the loneliness of a solitary (but comfortable) life.

I wish moving to a new house wasn't such an expensive and time consuming process.

Seryal

FadedSketch said:
I wish I was a cat.
> Granted, but you're a tiger born in captivity, unable to be pet or loved.

I wish Futurama was back on air in a new season and had a contract for another 10 years!