GM:S 1.4 Copying GameMaker files from one computer to another?

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by EndermanTamer13, Jan 8, 2019.

1. EndermanTamer13

EndermanTamer13 Member

I have been trying to copy my GameMaker Studio 1.4 files from my old PC to my new PC while having it be still activated, but with no luck so far.

I've searched most of the PC's files for anything that looks like it might be used by GameMaker and copied them over, but it still asks for a license.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my license to work on this PC.

Are there any files I might have missed that I should copy over? Is there a better way to do this? Or any way at all? I'd much prefer to use GameMaker Studio on this new PC and not my old PC.

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Not sure why you are trying to copy over files, that won't work for any software that isn't portable - just install it on the new PC using the installer.

Download the version you want from the Release Notes and install it like normal, then login with your account details.

3. EndermanTamer13

EndermanTamer13 Member

OH! Now I feel like an idiot. :oops: Didn't realize you can still download GameMaker Studio 1.4, since it's discontinued and all.

rIKmAN likes this.
  4. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

You can't buy valid licences for 1.4 anymore, but you can still download the installer from the Release Notes page or from your account page on www.yoyogames.com.

You need to already own a valid licence to login to the IDE though, so as long as you have one you can just install it, login and start coding.