• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Copying GameMaker files from one computer to another?

• Thread starter EndermanTamer13
  • Start date
E

EndermanTamer13

I have been trying to copy my GameMaker Studio 1.4 files from my old PC to my new PC while having it be still activated, but with no luck so far.

I've searched most of the PC's files for anything that looks like it might be used by GameMaker and copied them over, but it still asks for a license.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my license to work on this PC.

Are there any files I might have missed that I should copy over? Is there a better way to do this? Or any way at all? I'd much prefer to use GameMaker Studio on this new PC and not my old PC.

rIKmAN

I have been trying to copy my GameMaker Studio 1.4 files from my old PC to my new PC while having it be still activated, but with no luck so far.

I've searched most of the PC's files for anything that looks like it might be used by GameMaker and copied them over, but it still asks for a license.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my license to work on this PC.

Are there any files I might have missed that I should copy over? Is there a better way to do this? Or any way at all? I'd much prefer to use GameMaker Studio on this new PC and not my old PC.
Not sure why you are trying to copy over files, that won't work for any software that isn't portable - just install it on the new PC using the installer.

Download the version you want from the Release Notes and install it like normal, then login with your account details.

E

EndermanTamer13

Not sure why you are trying to copy over files, that won't work for any software that isn't portable - just install it on the new PC using the installer.

Download the version you want from the Release Notes and install it like normal, then login with your account details.
OH! Now I feel like an idiot. :oops: Didn't realize you can still download GameMaker Studio 1.4, since it's discontinued and all.

rIKmAN

OH! Now I feel like an idiot. :oops: Didn't realize you can still download GameMaker Studio 1.4, since it's discontinued and all.
You can't buy valid licences for 1.4 anymore, but you can still download the installer from the Release Notes page or from your account page on www.yoyogames.com.

You need to already own a valid licence to login to the IDE though, so as long as you have one you can just install it, login and start coding.