1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Copycat, Cee Ann

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by Bluetail7, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Can you add a character that accelerates faster?

2. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

I can, but then I'd make myself create larger levels.

Edwin likes this.
  3. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Added water reflection
    Added Water splash
    Fullscreen Mode is getting updates and options
    Customizable controls for Xbox and PS controllers

Coming soon:
    Cutscenes 1 and 2
    2 New music tracks​

Siolfor the Jackal likes this.
  4. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

That big hi-res image looks wonderful. The way you are handling fullscreen is cool.

Bluetail7 likes this.
  5. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Thanks!

Now on the news with this post:

[​IMG]

I don't know how many of you are reading this, but I am aware there are plenty. All I want to say is that I've put a lot of effort and time in this project, sometimes I was feeling down and sometimes I was happy to continue with this.

A mix of feelings were involved: Sometimes depression would push me forward to become a better person, since I learnt from my failures. So is the game development: I grew from mistakes and yet I can't accomplish most things I wanted to do.

There are many who won't speak and are lurking, I know it. You have been following for a long while...

if you used to be a close person to me, who ended their friendship or companionship in bad terms: I want to let you know that I'm sorry for my mistakes and if there's something that I should forgive: Stop worrying about it. I have made my choice to let things go for good.

I might still be a mess of a person, but I am doing my best to keep myself focused and in line. I worry about most people's opinion and I try hard to fix everything that needs to be done.

I hope I can find peace with you my old friends... or if you want to call it: random strangers, I'll be fine if you want to stay that way.

This game is the mix of all good things I can make and put together: getting help from other people too as I aim for the highest quality, yet I won't make it an AAA game: I'm afraid.

The project is about to be finished sooner or later, please enjoy the things that are to come and the stuff that has been released already. I wish you the best experience and good memories.

Perhaps I punish myself too much from my past and for the things I am still ashamed, but I think I should keep it that way until I find peace within myself.

Sincerely yours, Bluetail7

6. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Copycat, Cee Ann has turned into a project being developed in 3 years and more!

Today I present an early version of the story.

Feedback is highly welcome.

Let me know you thoughts.

7. Andrew Williamson

Andrew Williamson Member

This game really awesome, like Character and movement.

Bluetail7 likes this.
  8. Cautious Cactus

Cautious Cactus Member

Nice, love me some speedy games!

Bluetail7 likes this.
  9. Joe Ellis

Joe Ellis Member

The movement and character is actually very cat-like, I just had a new kitten so I definitely feel that vibe

Bluetail7 likes this.
  10. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Added a new slashing combination, note that this might change most gameplay with the aiming and other mechanics:
    [​IMG]

11. Samuel Venable

Samuel Venable Time Killer

Everything looks fantastic, except the mountain range in the background during the gameplay looks very rushed and sloppy, especially when comparing it to the preciseness and neatness of the foreground and the level of detail you put into the mountains in the story scenes by contrast. Other than that 1 tiny thing, this looks all around fantastic to me. Keep up the great work! Also really like the animation smoothness of the main character a lot. The story artwork reminds me of old sonic games for the Sega Genesis, which is a great aesthetic. :)

P.S. please do not be discouraged by my feedback. it's obvious you or whoever does the artwork has the ability they need to polish off that small detail.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Bluetail7 likes this.
  12. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

13. Siolfor the Jackal

Code:
    of Draw Event
    for object orb_ventisca:

DoAdd :: Execution Error
    at gml_Object_orb_ventisca_Draw_0
    ############################################################################################
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    stack frame is
    gml_Object_orb_ventisca_Draw_0 (line -1)

14. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Line -1???
    I'll work to find the solution. Thanks for letting me know :)

15. Siolfor the Jackal

No worries. I forgot to mention that happened almost as soon as I opened the game. Glad you sortedit and I will try it out again later!

16. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

While reading the documentation I found that your system might require of Direct X9 to play, note that I have run on this problem as well on a clean install of windows. So try doing that.

17. kupo15

kupo15 Member

Yeah I like the hi res versions too, why not make the whole game that way instead of reverting to pixel art ish? I think the character is too small and zoomed out and the resolution of everything is just too small.

18. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Indeed, the resolution is small because it was aimed to portable devices. There's an in-game option to scale the window screen twice and a fullscreen mode that changes the HUD into other aethestics (will be customizable later).
    About the hi-res graphics, they are only aimed to cutscenes for now. Those suggestions are being reviewed slowly and implemented on trial-error.

On another note: the skill list is available in the Opening Post.

19. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

20. Bluetail7

Bluetail7 Member

Updated Opening post with november update.
    Added the themes and website link.