GameMaker Conway's Game of Life

Let's Clone

GM Version: 2
Target Platform: Windows/Mac OSX/HTML 5
Download: N/A
Link: https://abrexas.itch.io/conways-game-of-life

Summary:
I played around with Trijam last weekend and wanted to turn Conway's Game of Life into a 3-hour project around the theme Evil if more fun. It was so much fun to put together that I decided to make a quick tutorial on how to write the code. Hope you enjoy!

Above, I've linked to a larger project of GoL that I put up on Itch. Just a simple program to generate patterns in GoL.

Tutorial Video:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Sorry... I got watching your video and forgot to approve this. I enjoyed it. Informative and well presented.

Every coder should make a version of Life at least once. Probably most of us do, especially those who like procedural and iterative stuff. First year of college for me. That's a long time ago, but cellular automata and iterative fractals still interest me.

Let's Clone

Sorry... I got watching your video and forgot to approve this. I enjoyed it. Informative and well presented.

Every coder should make a version of Life at least once. Probably most of us do, especially those who like procedural and iterative stuff. First year of college for me. That's a long time ago, but cellular automata and iterative fractals still interest me.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
University was a long while back for me too. Not sure why it took me so long to finally attempt haha.