• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Converting Studio project back to 8.1?

C

ccooldean

First of all, hello! I've just joined the GameMaker forums. I've been developing in 8.1 (but I do own studio) for the last three or so years. Anyway, onto my issue, and I apologize in advance if this doesn't really count as "Tech" Support:

GameMaker 8.1 contains some functions I need for a new game I'm working on, but on the GameMaker: Marketplace (which is only for Studio,) I own nacho_chicken's wonderful textbox engine. What I plan on doing is just creating a project file, importing the engine, converting it, and then importing its resources into my project. There's one key issue though- I can't find a converter.

While yes, I understand it is most likely difficult to convert them, it's also difficult to have a GameMaker 8.1 decompiler function. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone knows of any Studio-to-8.1 Converters.

Thanks,
--ccooldean

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Howdy, ccooldean, and welcome to the GMC. $:^ ]

YYG dropped Studio-to-8.1 conversion years ago because (in short) of so many changes and new features. Studio will import from legacy but not export to -- and I haven't heard of anyone attempt to create a third-party converter, I expect primarily for the reason YYG dropped it.

Meanwhile -- and this line of discussion might garner a need to move to Programming -- what functions do you need for your game? You're almost guaranteed to be able to do it in Studio via a different manner.

Regards,
Bob $:^ J