controlling the direction path making chooses

Hi.

I have a question about using the 'mp_potential_path_object' command. For my AI there is two ways it approaches things:

1) If two moving objects are on a collision course, it figures out the point of impact. Then it just uses preset responses based on each objects position and direction. This allows me to control how the reacting object moves around the other one - which has some importance to my gameplay.

2) However, if one object is stationary it uses the above path command to move around it, and any other stationary objects that are nearby. This makes the AI quite good at avoiding collisions - but I can't control how it responds.

So my question is this:
If I wanted to have it pick going to the right hand side around a stationary object, rather than to its left, can I influence the path making in any way to do this?

I realize that with an mp_grid I could influence this decision making by blocking off the direction I don't want it to choose. But this seems more intensive processing wise, whereas its currently not too heavy - but it is an entirely random response.

Q

Quackertree

"mp_potential_path_object(...)" will always take the shortest route, and therefor there is no way to influence this, unless you write a completely custom pathfinding script.