GMS 2 Controller problem

Discussion in 'Programming' started by zampa, Oct 22, 2018.

1. zampa

zampa Member

Hi i was messing around with the controller, i found out something strange:
    (Just for reference i have a XBOX ONE controller wireless and a normal XBOX 360 wired) My code adapts to the controls, that means that if i press any key on the keyboard it switches to "keyboard mode" and if i give any input with the controller it switches to "controller mode" pretty standard stuff, i tried to see what happens if i disconnect the controller mid game [by unplagging the bluetooth adaptor or by pressing the wireless enrolement button ( if you do not know what that last button is check here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/xbox-one-wireless-controller)], but doing this with the wireless controller makes the game drop a lot of frames reaching 3 frames.

Is this normal?

thanks for the answer

2. zampa

zampa Member

I tried out some games that use the game maker engine (hyper light drifter, undertale) and there is the same problem i press the wireless enrolement button and the game hits 4 fps

3. sludgecoyote

sludgecoyote Member

Are you still experiencing this issue? I am getting the same thing. Happens every time I hit the wireless enrollment button mid-game on my Xbox One controller while connecting through the built-in bluetooth on my PC. Also seems to happen intermittently when the controller's battery is getting low.