• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Opinion Controller for PC, Xbox one vs 360

NazGhuL

NazTaiL
Hi again!

I'm tired to mess with Motionjoy and PS3 controllers to work on my pc. Sometimes it works and sometimes not...Anyways, I want to buy a wired Xbox controller!

I'm wondering if some of you encountered any problems with a Xbox 360 controller or Xbox one controller. (vs using it with Game Maker game_pad function) and if you recommend more a Xbox 360 or a Xbox one controller in general.

Wired.

Amazon price is:

29 USD$ for a 360

36 USD$ for One

(The Steam controller looks good too... 46$)

KurtBlissZ

Well it depends of course,

The Xbox One controllers have a good D-Pad. All the official ones work with windows and can be wireless. There’s actually 3 models though.

The first Xbox One controller, if you want wireless you will have to pay for a $20 wireless controller adapter.

The really expensive Xbox Elite Controller, which the only feature I like on it is its back buttons but the thing cost over $100 and it also requires the wireless adapter if you want wireless.

And the new Xbox Controller that was launched with the Xbox One S, this controller works with blue tooth, but a little more expensive than the first Xbox One Controller.

Then there’s the xbox 360 controller with the bad dpads, though some hate and others don’t care about it. The wired controllers are probably the cheapest you can find, the wireless ones though you have to have a wireless xbox 360 controller adapter for it to work, but nice if you already have some laying around.

I don’t know, the steam controller seems like a gamble on whether you will like it or not. I guess that’s up to you.

Roa

Well it depends of course,
The Xbox One controllers have a good D-Pad.
That's all that needs to be said honestly. I'm so sick of living in a cheap age of floating D-pads. They are literally the worst thing ever. Microsoft wisened up with the traditional D-pad. Even the logitec windows controllers are all 💩💩💩💩 now.

If you care about good controlers, the only option is xbone.