• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Development Continuing Paths

P-Fritz

Hi again. If I'm making too many threads regarding my game please let me know if making one dedicated thread would be better. Thank you for all your help.

So I have a question about paths. I have various enemies and object follow paths to create obstacles for the player. I want to know if there is a way to make the path repeat itself once the object reaches the end. Basically I want to create enemies and projectiles with distinct movements and paths seem to be the best way to do that. But paths end at some point and instead of drawing out a path across the entire level I was wondering if there was a way to make the object continue to move in the way the path originally told it to once it finished.

For example, I have a ufo enemy that bobs up and down in a certain pattern as it moves forward. I made a path so it does that. I want that ufo to continue to do that even after it reaches the end of the path I made.

I'm sure this is something simple and I'm making it more complex than it already is.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll most certainly have more questions in the future. And please let me know if I should ask these questions somewhere else.