Legacy GM connecting a 8bitdo controller (SNES)

E

EZTALES

hey yall,
just wondering if it was possible to connect my snus 8bitdo controller to my game maker game. I know you could do it for Xbox but I didn't know if it is possible for game maker. it connects to windows and can work with many emulators but if i want to add it in my game, 1 how and 2 is it possible? (image down below) any help would be great. thanks!

O.Stogden

8Bitdo controllers in my experience just emulate an Xbox 360 controller, so you could try using the default method you would use for an Xbox/PlayStation controller and see if your SNES controller works.

E

EZTALES

8Bitdo controllers in my experience just emulate an Xbox 360 controller, so you could try using the default method you would use for an Xbox/PlayStation controller and see if your SNES controller works.
Thanks, ill give it a try man!

O.Stogden

Thanks, ill give it a try man!
I have the 8Bitdo Bluetooth USB adapter that lets you connect PS4/XBO/Joy-Cons/Switch Pro controller, and that just turns them into Xbox 360 controllers essentially. I've played my game using a Switch's Joy-con before.

E

EZTALES

I have the 8Bitdo Bluetooth USB adapter that lets you connect PS4/XBO/Joy-Cons/Switch Pro controller, and that just turns them into Xbox 360 controllers essentially. I've played my game using a Switch's Joy-con before.
awesome man, do you know a video that could help me learn about how to add controllers? any would help

I've an 8bitdo - N30 Pro v.2, but I don't use it for anything other than with console emulators for android. Not sure if this might help (in term of button mapping), the site provides these; http://support.8bitdo.com/. But if it's coding into the game you're making, I've no idea how.

E

EZTALES

I've an 8bitdo - N30 Pro v.2, but I don't use it for anything other than with console emulators for android. Not sure if this might help (in term of button mapping), the site provides these; http://support.8bitdo.com/. But if it's coding into the game you're making, I've no idea how.
do you think I would treat it the same as setting up an Xbox controller?

do you think I would treat it the same as setting up an Xbox controller?
I think it might be possible to do it that way, since the controller allows you to pair it in various modes. However to PC is just 1 mode.
But like I said, I've not use mine on anything other than my android mobile phone, so I can't be 100% certain.
I did find that when I pair it to my android phone, I can opt to pair using the Switch mode or Android mode; both works.

E

EZTALES

I think it might be possible to do it that way, since the controller allows you to pair it in various modes. However to PC is just 1 mode.
But like I said, I've not use mine on anything other than my android mobile phone, so I can't be 100% certain.
I did find that when I pair it to my android phone, I can opt to pair using the Switch mode or Android mode; both works.
huh, thanks for the tidbit

E

EZTALES

WORKS!

Can confirm that the 8bitdo controllers work fine with GM games. In Xinput mode they even come up on windows as Xbox controllers, They even work in Dinput and Switch modes but button mapping is messed up, so you're fine as long as you stay in Xinput mode.
In case anyone unfamiliar with the controllers read this, switching modes is as simple as holding the power button and a face button. Power + X = Xinput which is simple enough to remember haha.

E

EZTALES

Can confirm that the 8bitdo controllers work fine with GM games. In Xinput mode they even come up on windows as Xbox controllers, They even work in Dinput and Switch modes but button mapping is messed up, so you're fine as long as you stay in Xinput mode.
In case anyone unfamiliar with the controllers read this, switching modes is as simple as holding the power button and a face button. Power + X = Xinput which is simple enough to remember haha.
I did see it come as 360 controller, this going to be a great addition to my game, thanks everyone for help