• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM connect several rooms

M

matiascarpello

Hi.
I am creating a game that will have procedural generation using the method of prefabricated rooms that are then connected to each other.

However, every tutorial I look at about having multiple rooms, they just focus on how to switch from one full room and going to a whole new room. Never about how to load two rooms on a screen at the same time.

The problem is that I do not know if it is possible in gamemaker to join rooms in a single large room.
It's what I'm missing so I can continue with my project.
I want that when they are connected, I can move freely with the tracking camera in the player.
Is it possible to join several rooms in Gamemaker studio 1.4?

TheouAegis

Can enemies and whatnot travel between rooms? Is it like Zelda where the enemies in one room will disappear when you travel to another room till you go back? Is it like Metroid with an enemy in one room will continue walking around even though it will still stay in that room? In which cases you could just use a room transition code using surfaces.

M

matiascarpello

[QUOTE = "TheouAegis, post: 237670, member: 1973"] ¿Pueden los enemigos y otras cosas viajar entre habitaciones? ¿Es como Zelda donde los enemigos en una habitación desaparecerán cuando viajes a otra habitación hasta que vuelvas? ¿Es como Metroid con un enemigo en una habitación que continuará caminando a pesar de que todavía permanecerá en esa habitación? En esos casos, podría usar un código de transición de habitación usando superficies. [/ QUOTE]

Es como un medidor