• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE confused about source control

J

Jonar

Because I'm an idiot, I created a github account and a repository in gamemaker without checking a tutorial first to check if I was doing everything correctly. As a result, there are exclamation points marked next to all of my resources and I cannot find the repository that I made in my files. Anyone know how I can get out of this mess?
edit: I just realized that the exclamation points are just edits. I'm still not sure what to do about the repository though.

Last edited by a moderator:

NDS

Well you have to have used an email address to setup the account as its required part of the process. I would go to github.com, use the link for resetting your password with the email you most likely would have used. And yes, Im having similar issues in general with GitHub and GMS 2 so I feel your pain...

Mick

I recommend that you use external source control, you can use GitHub Desktop for convenience, it's easy to use. In that case you would leave everything regarding source control in the IDE off.