Question - IDE confused about source control

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Jonar, May 13, 2019.

1. Jonar

Jonar Member

Because I'm an idiot, I created a github account and a repository in gamemaker without checking a tutorial first to check if I was doing everything correctly. As a result, there are exclamation points marked next to all of my resources and I cannot find the repository that I made in my files. Anyone know how I can get out of this mess?
    edit: I just realized that the exclamation points are just edits. I'm still not sure what to do about the repository though.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. NDS

NDS Member

Well you have to have used an email address to setup the account as its required part of the process. I would go to github.com, use the link for resetting your password with the email you most likely would have used. And yes, Im having similar issues in general with GitHub and GMS 2 so I feel your pain...

3. Mick

Mick Member

I recommend that you use external source control, you can use GitHub Desktop for convenience, it's easy to use. In that case you would leave everything regarding source control in the IDE off.