• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

SOLVED Configuration Problem : Windows 10 SDK not found at path given in Windows UWP Preferences.

camerakid

Hey Guys,

I was following the guide step by step and also the TroubleShooting part but after setting up everyhing in Plaform Settings I keep on getting this error message:

" Configuration Problem : Windows 10 SDK not found at path given in Windows UWP Preferences. "

Anyone with any sort of suggestions where I can check for errors?

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
First you should check File > Preferences > Platform Settings > Windows UWP. For VS 2017, it should look like this (both paths should exist):
  • Visual Studio Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat
  • Win UWP Tools Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\version\x64 (where version is the Windows version; it is currently 10.0.17763.0 for me as of the time of writing)
Then you should check Options > Windows UWP. The version from Win UWP Tools Location earlier on should be in these fields:
  • Windows Target Platform Version
  • Windows Target Platform Min Version

camerakid

First you should check File > Preferences > Platform Settings > Windows UWP. For VS 2017, it should look like this (both paths should exist):
  • Visual Studio Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat
  • Win UWP Tools Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\version\x64 (where version is the Windows version; it is currently 10.0.17763.0 for me as of the time of writing)
Then you should check Options > Windows UWP. The version from Win UWP Tools Location earlier on should be in these fields:
  • Windows Target Platform Version
  • Windows Target Platform Min Version
Ah thank you very much, it was my mistake I missed one library in the WIN UWP Tools location!

Thank you very much!

Mr Ceppo

Hi guys,
I'm here for the same problem.
In the first part of the solution I have this and it seems ok:
right palce 0.jpg

In the second part (where FrostyCat wrote "Options > Windows UWP") I see this:

right place.jpg

The result is, again, " Configuration Problem : Windows 10 SDK not found at path given in Windows UWP Preferences. "
Anyone can help me?
Thanks

peardox

It's really annoying they don't fix the documentation

I went thru this all in October - lots of experimentation was needed to fix it

All help ever said was have you read this, have to read that - well, of course I did but if your instructions are wrong it's not much help is it?

rIKmAN

The result is, again, " Configuration Problem : Windows 10 SDK not found at path given in Windows UWP Preferences. "
Anyone can help me?
Thanks
What version of GMS2 are you using?
You probably need to install and use VS2019 and/or make sure you've actually downloaded/installed the SDKs as per the UWP Setup Guide.

From the UWP section of the Required SDKs Article:
  • 2.3.4 requires Visual Studio 2019 (Community Editions are fine to use).
  • 2.3.3 and older requires either Visual Studio 2015 or Visual Studio 2017 (Community Editions are fine to use).
  • In 2.3.3 and older, Windows 10 SDK 10.0.14393.0 is the SDK we require rather than the latest version, but note that newer versions may additionally be required by some functionality/extensions in your project.
I'm using VS2019 and can compile to Desktop and Xbox fine.

My VS Location path in UWP Platform Settings is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat

peardox

The only way I could get it to work was to set the UWP Tools path to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.19041.0\x64
Without that it reports that it can't find the SDK (which is the entry above that one)

You'll also need to set up a UWP Development device, see the section "Setting Up Your Windows 10 Desktop Device" in https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001100548-Setting-Up-UWP-For-Windows-10-Desktop

Finally make sure you change the Project settings (abc lots of times above) to something sensible. If you leave default values it'll keep trying to overwrite the same project over and over (it's not pretty)

Mr Ceppo

What version of GMS2 are you using?
You probably need to install and use VS2019 and/or make sure you've actually downloaded/installed the SDKs as per the UWP Setup Guide.

From the UWP section of the Required SDKs Article:

I'm using VS2019 and can compile to Desktop and Xbox fine.

My VS Location path in UWP Platform Settings is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat
Hi! I solved 5 minutes ago changing the link of Win UWP Tools Location in this way: solved.jpg
Now the game is running. Thank you very much!