• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX :Configuration Problem : Game Options - Mac / General / App Id is not set.

H

Hussein

Hi,
First of all I get this Error message when I try to run project created by a friend on my macOS GM 2 IDE, Please read my notes before commenting.

Notes:
  • I'm able to run my own projects normally on macOS IDE.
  • I'm able to run my friend's project on Windows IDE.
  • I have tried to add an App ID (random ID) in project's settings but same error.
  • I don't know if this helps but I have already XCODE installed and working (iOS Developer).

Thanks in advance.

Weird - Adding a random ID usually works for me, as you noted you can run your own projects, so I assume this is what you've done with your own projects.

How did your friend share the project?

Did they just zip their project folder and send to you, or use the Export Project and send you a yyz file which you then imported?

And of course, does cleaning the cache do anything?

What version of IDE and Runtime do you have?

I'm not able to reproduce the error here.

If I delete my app ID, I get the error of course, then typing it in works.

Did your friend first create the project in Mac IDE or Windows IDE?

H

Hussein

Weird - Adding a random ID usually works for me, as you noted you can run your own projects, so I assume this is what you've done with your own projects.

How did your friend share the project?

Did they just zip their project folder and send to you, or use the Export Project and send you a yyz file which you then imported?

And of course, does cleaning the cache do anything?

What version of IDE and Runtime do you have?

I'm not able to reproduce the error here.

If I delete my app ID, I get the error of course, then typing it in works.

Did your friend first create the project in Mac IDE or Windows IDE?
Weird Cleaning the project did work ! :confused: Thanks IndianaBones

R

Rob_Zed

Hi, I am having a similar problem. How do you go about adding an ID to your project?
Thanks!

In the Resource Tree, under Options->MacOS->General->App ID, type in an app ID for your game.

It can be anything at the moment, at one point I just was typing in "1234" and it worked.

The proper format looks something like com.<companyname>.<appname>

Replace <companyname> and <appname> with the relevant detailed.