Confession Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rivo, Mar 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal Member

Mine are very similar, not very modular or completely reusable outside whatever project it's in.

RichHopelessComposer likes this.
  2. Misty

Misty Member

Confession: I play gears of war and imagine the enemy hostiles as the people i hate online

3. Bearman_18

Bearman_18 Member

I confess that happy freaking new year.

4. ethian

ethian Member

I confess i left to my copyright, so all my ideas are now free to use, i also confess i don't care if anyone uses my ideas without permission.

5. Ninety

Ninety Member

did... did nuts goners just become public domain?

you saw it here first folks. this could be the next renaissance, right here in this forum

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed, Misty and Cat like this.
  6. ethian

ethian Member

Yes, just because someone else i know wanted to use them on their projects without my permission, and so much!!!

So, nuts goners (And what they are actually) are... y'know...

7. Niels

Niels Member

I have another confession:
    I think I like modern indies that are inspired by classics a lot more than the classics...
    Recently I tried to get into:
    -metal slug
    -contra
    -castlevania:SOTN
    -megaman
    -super metroid

(bear in mind that I never had a console as kid, so I have no strong nostalgic feeling for any of those games)
    And honestly those game don't keep me interested for more than 30 minutes.
    But I love all those retro inspired indies:)

8. Misty

Misty Member

Sounds like blasphemy IMO.

Let's be honest the main problem with those older games is difficulty curve, the original classics are often way too hard for the casual player.

But in terms of atmosphere, many of these newer games just cannot hold a candle.

Niels likes this.
  9. Niels

Niels Member

Nah it's not that I like they are easier or more casual games by definition.
    For example nightmare King grim (boss that is very inspired by castlevania's Dracula) in hollow knight was much harder than anything I encountered in SOTN.

I think it's just that the new games took what made those old games great, and cut off the stuff that wasn't as good.
    And those "not so good" parts are most obvious when you return to those games AFTER playing the new ones, and without the nostalgia goggles to blind you.

Cat likes this.
  10. ethian

ethian Member

i confess i recorded a full episode with my phone, but i won't upload it to YouTube for copyright reasons, i'll just use it for recreational purposes...

11. The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer Member

I confess, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

12. flerpyderp

flerpyderp Member

SOTN is notoriously easy and not a good example in this situation.

I am curious about what problems you had enjoying Super Metroid, and what newer games of its kind you think do better. My main passion is 16 bit era action games, but I think Super Metroid stands out as being a virtually perfect game, and an unforgettable experience for a first time player.

In contrast, I played Axiom Verge and was very excited about it. Heavily Super Metroid influenced, interesting setting, art, music etc. However I lost interest far quicker than I'd have predicted. Couldn't put my finger on one particular reason, but it just entirely failed to captivate me, whereas with Super Metroid I simply couldn't put the controller down.

13. Misty

Misty Member

Hmm lets see.
    Metroid:
    [​IMG]

Axiom Verge:
    [​IMG]

metroid music:

axiom verge music:

14. Seabass (The Human)

Seabass (The Human) Member

I confess. I used to enjoy programming.