• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Computer crashed on Run.

flyinian

My computer crashed when I pressed F5 to run the game.

I was editing a draw gui event.

So far it only happened once.

Is this a common issue?
Is this known and is there a way to prevent this?

Edit:

It set me back my about a minute, so I attempted to recreate the crash and no crash occured.

Last edited:

chamaeleon

Without details to pinpoint what the issue is (not saying there's anything you can really do to get any for something like that), I'd hazard a guess it would have something to do with graphics drivers on your computer. I have never had my computer crash due to running a game from within GMS 1.4 or GMS 2.x.

flyinian

Without details to pinpoint what the issue is (not saying there's anything you can really do to get any for something like that), I'd hazard a guess it would have something to do with graphics drivers on your computer. I have never had my computer crash due to running a game from within GMS 1.4 or GMS 2.x.
My computer is about 6 years old so, that could be it.

chamaeleon

My computer is about 6 years old so, that could be it.
If it's a brand name computer like Dell or HP or whatever, it might not hurt to search for drivers for your particular model and see if there's something available to download, in case it's not something that has been kept updated through Windows Update.

flyinian

If it's a brand name computer like Dell or HP or whatever, it might not hurt to search for drivers for your particular model and see if there's something available to download, in case it's not something that has been kept updated through Windows Update.
I'll look at my gpu drivers.

Thanks.