• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Complete noob question: how do I re-open the image editor toolbox

D

Dekadrachm

Game Maker has been fairly frustrating with these minor roadblocks, there is no apparent way to restore the image editor toolbox once you close it. I tried looking everywhere for a key command or something, but got nothing. It took me over an hour just to learn that you can pan in the editor using space + lmb. All information I can find regarding the image editor online is super shallow.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Can you show a screenshot of what this is about? I didn't quite understand... But, you can also use the middle mouse button to drag items from the IDE.
To open the GMS 2 image editor, just double click on the sprite in the resource tree (folders).

D

Dekadrachm

Can you show a screenshot of what this is about? I didn't quite understand... But, you can also use the middle mouse button to drag items from the IDE.
To open the GMS 2 image editor, just double click on the sprite in the resource tree (folders).
When you open the image editor, a snall tool box to the right pops up and lets you select tools, layers, color, etc. I accidentally closed the window so I can't manage my layers properly or use certain tools without knowing the shortcut. All the image editor is now is just a window where I can look at my sprite and toggle a grid.

D

Dekadrachm

That's the tool box I was talking about, I somehow managed to close that whole window and only have my asset browser window. I just restarted the program and it works now, maybe it was a bug. Thanks for your time! It wouldn't let me drag it out or anything lol.