• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Compiling to macOS

G

Gronbal

Hey, so I'm currently developing on a windows machine, and trying to compile my game to macOS. I do have a mac computer to target, and have already set up the target to the mac, which works, and the game can run on that particular mac computer.

My question is how I can get a zip file containing everything necessery to run the program, so that I could send the .zip with the build to my friends, to test out?

The .zip file I get from compiling gives me a error " 'File' is damged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash." Even on the targeted mac. But if I go into the GameMakerStudio folder I can find the build that works on that mac, but sadly compressing that file yields the described problem on other macs..

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?