Compiling ios app

RizbIT

Im compiling first time using GMS2.

I have the mobile export module only, not the MacOS one.

I followed the manual best i could.

Set up Mac and tested the connection from PC GMS2, it connected but could not find any devices.

So went to Mac XCode and it says this version of Xcode doesnt work with this iphone.

I have Windows 10 64 bit
Macbook 2.26Ghz, 4Gb RAM, MacOS high Sierra, v 10.13.6
iPhone 7 v 13.3.1

So what options do I have?

I just bought this macbook which worked when I used it to compile iphone apps with GMS 1.4

Last edited:

rIKmAN

@Toque Your reply doesn't make sense since the edit, but you're right as he did say he only had the HTML5 export module and xCode wasn't working.

@RizbIT What version of xCode are you using?

RizbIT

Mindjob....

After spending hours trying to download latest xcode version realised that it would not install on that macbook due to min requirement of Mojave
Then I realised I cant upgrade to Mojave on this macbook
Then i realised I will not be compiling any iOS apps today
Then I realised this macbook is pretty much useless to me in terms of developement

I will have to buy a new macbook with Mojave, but bearing in mind new updates need newer OS, next GMS wont support Mojave etc... But these things are fair bit of money for what they are needed for which is just to enable compiling of an app.

Id prefer another option

Toque

Mindjob....

After spending hours trying to download latest xcode version realised that it would not install on that macbook due to min requirement of Mojave
Then I realised I cant upgrade to Mojave on this macbook
Then i realised I will not be compiling any iOS apps today
Then I realised this macbook is pretty much useless to me in terms of developement

I will have to buy a new macbook with Mojave, but bearing in mind new updates need newer OS, next GMS wont support Mojave etc... But these things are fair bit of money for what they are needed for which is just to enable compiling of an app.

Id prefer another option
Yeah that’s the Apple dev cycle. Been there done that. It’s a bit frustrating because the computers hum along nicely but they are cut off. I don’t know any way around it.

But you should get many years of dev out of a new computer. About 8.

RizbIT

i was thinking of trying some patcher to allow me to update the current high sierra to mojave?

save having to buy a new one

Toque

I wouldn’t know anything there. Yeah Mojave’s cut off is Mac mid 2012 I believe. I think pro is 2010.

RizbIT

I got Mojave installed and got mac hooked up to GMS, clicked compile and it opened the cod ein Xcode for the GMS app, But several errors.

Do you need an actual PAID developer account even to just do test builds?

rIKmAN

I got Mojave installed and got mac hooked up to GMS, clicked compile and it opened the cod ein Xcode for the GMS app, But several errors.

Do you need an actual PAID developer account even to just do test builds?
No, you can use a free personal account to test and compile to your own connected device.

RizbIT

are you sure cos in xcode one of the errors is no ios developement certificate signing certificate was found with a private key,

but i cant get one without a valid dev account right?

rIKmAN

I tried to enrol as free user and its asking me to pay, without that i dont see the membership button in left menu
Yes, enrolling means onto the $99 a year program.

Have you actually added the account to xCode and signed in with it?
If so have you set xCode to automatically manage signing?

I mean there are loads of guides all over the internet that go through the whole thing from creating the Apple ID through to compiling to a device.
First hit on Google: https://learnappmaking.com/how-to-create-a-free-apple-developer-account/

Enable "Suppress build and run" in GMS2 so it just opens the project in xCode and doesn't try to automatically build it too as you'll likely need to make some changes to get it to build regarding included frameworks that aren't supported with a free account.

Last edited:

RizbIT

Yes

yes - just checked project build settings and it says next to the error

your dev team "me" does not support the In-App purchase, push notifications and Game Center

rIKmAN

Yes

yes - just checked project build settings and it says next to the error

your dev team "me" does not support the In-App purchase, push notifications and Game Center
Yeah, that's because they aren't supported with a free account - which is what it says.

Remove those Frameworks from the list in xCode, then re-add StoreKit and you should be able to compile.

RizbIT

heres the error

Ld /Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/_180.app/_180 normal arm64 (in target '_180' from project '_180')
cd /Users/mojavebook/GameMakerStudio2/iOS/GMS2IOS/180/_180
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -target arm64-apple-ios8.0 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS13.2.sdk -L/Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -L. -LFw -L_180 -L_180\ Tests -L_180/Game -L_180/Supporting\ Files -L_180/Supporting\ Files/games -L_180/Supporting\ Files/include -L_180/Supporting\ Files/include/libyoyo -L_180/Supporting\ Files/include/libyoyo_notifications -F/Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -FFw -F_180/Supporting\ Files -F_180/Supporting\ Files/games -F_180/Supporting\ Files/include -F_180/Supporting\ Files/include/libyoyo -F_180/Supporting\ Files/include/libyoyo_notifications -FFw -F_180/Supporting\ Files -F_180/Supporting\ Files/games -F_180/Supporting\ Files/include -F_180/Supporting\ Files/include/libyoyo -F_180/Supporting\ Files/include/libyoyo_notifications -filelist /Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Intermediates.noindex/_180.build/Debug-iphoneos/_180.build/Objects-normal/arm64/_180.LinkFileList -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Intermediates.noindex/_180.build/Debug-iphoneos/_180.build/Objects-normal/arm64/_180_lto.o -Xlinker -export_dynamic -Xlinker -no_deduplicate -stdlib=libc++ -fobjc-link-runtime -objC -all_load -fobjc-arc -lc++ -liconv -lresolv -framework SystemConfiguration -framework CFNetwork -framework MobileCoreServices -lsqlite3.0 -framework AudioToolbox -framework GameKit -framework AVFoundation -lz -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework OpenAL -framework CoreGraphics -lyoyo_interpreted -framework GameController -framework CoreMedia -framework EventKit -framework EventKitUI -framework CoreTelephony -framework CoreData -framework CoreText -framework MapKit -framework AddressBookUI -framework Security -framework AddressBook -framework CoreLocation -framework MessageUI -framework MediaPlayer -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Intermediates.noindex/_180.build/Debug-iphoneos/_180.build/Objects-normal/arm64/_180_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/mojavebook/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/_180-dkgmqakqndhxcvbohvknlijjevoo/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/_180.app/_180

rIKmAN

StoreKit? how
by pressing + Capability
I dont see it listed i see HomeKit, Fonts, maps etc...
If you slowed down and read the whole reply rather than doing half of it and then complaining it still doesn't work we'd get somewhere.

When using a free Apple ID and you open a freshly compiled GMS2 project in xCode you need to:

1) Remove "Game Center" and "In-App Purchase" from Targets > <Your App> > Signing & Capabilities
2) Click the "General" tab, scroll down and click the + underneath Frameworks, type "StoreKit" and add it to the list of frameworks.
3) Make sure your attached device is selected as the build target.
4) Select Product > Run from the top menu.

The game will now compile to your device.

RizbIT

1) Remove "Game Center" and "In-App Purchase" from Targets > <Your App> > Signing & Capabilities
Done that

2) Click the "General" tab, scroll down and click the + underneath Frameworks, type "StoreKit" and add it to the list of frameworks.
storekit

Done - In GMS ive selected the iphone 7 as the build targer

Done

But its asking for a "login" password for keychain I keep entering my macs password and it pops up again.

Is it cos the macbook has a 32 bit processor? its a 2009 model intel core Duo

RizbIT

If you slowed down and read the whole reply rather than doing half of it and then complaining it still doesn't work we'd get somewhere.

When using a free Apple ID and you open a freshly compiled GMS2 project in xCode you need to:

The game will now compile to your device.
Where does it say all this in the game maker manual?

So unless you told me this id be going round in circles...

ok now the app compiled and its on the phone

i guess this is just one of the obstacles

Even with like a basic simple test app compile xcode is showing like 9 warnings

rIKmAN

Where does it say all this in the game maker manual?
It doesn't, because this isn't a GMS2 issue - it's an xCode + using a free Apple ID issue.

Once the project is open in xCode you can start looking at xCode specific fixes for the error messages you get and remove GMS2 from the equation.
So unless you told me this id be going round in circles...
There's also Google, which is where I found info on the troubles of using a free Apple ID instead of a paid account.
ok now the app compiled and its on the phone
Good stuff.

You mentioned above that you have a 32bit CPU and a patched version of Catalina, I'm not sure if / how that might cause issues later but I'd do research on updates etc before you install them just in case as I read something about only supporting 64bit apps but I didn't delve into it too much as it doesn't affect me so it might be worth looking into the specifics of the vague headline I saw and may have misunderstood.

Good luck!

RizbIT

There's also Google, which is where I found info on the troubles of using a free Apple ID instead of a paid account.
yes i get that i did google the errors i saw on xcode but they give different solutions prob they arent related to compiling with GMS.

Thanks for you help.

No its a patched mojave not cataline, intel core duo which i read is def 32 bit

rIKmAN

yes i get that i did google the errors i saw on xcode but they give different solutions prob they arent related to compiling with GMS.
As soon as the project is open in xCode you are no longer "compiling" with GMS2 - that has already been done.
You are now compiling a native project with xCode and as such should be searching for general xCode related help and solutions.
No its a patched mojave not cataline, intel core duo which i read is def 32 bit
Ah my bad, I thought you said Catalina - you probably don't need to worry about it then.

RizbIT

OK i got the app compiled with a live dev account. Following tutorials. Now I just need to add IAP support but thats proving a bit tricky

https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002237257-iOS-and-tvOS-Using-The-IAP-Extension

I followed that site and did all the steps, but When i click button to buy something in the debug version nothing happens, im sure its supposed to open dialog to enter sandbox tester account details, but nothing happens.

Ive installed the Apple IAP extension and setup one IAP on the dev account (as thats the limit before you actually upload the binary)

So I press play o game maker, it opens the xcode code on the mac, I press play on xcode, it compiles and opens the app on the iphone, I press the buy button and nothing happens.

I just went over the debug console on xcode and i find these lines:
Code:
Attempting to create extension class iOS_InAppPurchase
Unable to find extension method ios_iap_AddProduct on class iOS_InAppPurchase

Last edited: