• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Compiling imported game gets stuck on 'Reading config delta'

C

Cblurban

Hi, I know there are already questions on this forum about this issue however they all appear to be relatively old or unsolved so I have decided to just create a new one.

I have compiled new game projects on gamemaker studio 2 without any problem however if I try import my current project from Gamemaker 1.4 into Gamemaker 2 the compiler output stops at "Reading config delta '
C:\Users\Cameron\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Attacknids beta 57 GM 2 inport gmz\options\main\inherited\options_main.inherited.yy' "

I cant see any errors as a result of the import so have no idea what would cause this. Would really love to get this working so I can start playing with GM 2 :)

I'm using Windows 10 and the Gamemaker IDE is v2.0.6.146
I have tried re installing and importing the game as both .gmz and .gmx

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
This is a known issue and has been fixed for the next update. The issue is related to how shaders were being imported, but I'm told that it's not actually stuck, but just taking a long time. So import the project and then go have a coffee or watch an episode of Rick and Morty or something while it imports. :)

C

Cblurban

This is a known issue and has been fixed for the next update. The issue is related to how shaders were being imported, but I'm told that it's not actually stuck, but just taking a long time. So import the project and then go have a coffee or watch an episode of Rick and Morty or something while it imports. :)
Thanks, I'll give it a try however the game imports fine, the issue just occurs when running the game so if this is the case I'll have to wait each time I run the game. Do you know if this is also fixed in the update?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Yes it is, basically we now cache the shader compilation where previously we compiled on each run, mainly because it did not take very long and was not a big component on compile time (in our tests), turns out in the field some (an increasing number of) users have very large shaders that take a long time, so we have changed how we handle this.

Apologies but the next version (in test now) will address this.

Russell