• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Distribution compiling gamemaker to boot on modded gameboy?

S

Shadowblitz16

does anybody know if its possible to boot a gms2 game from a sd card for a modded gameboy?
I just think it would be cool to be able to play my game maker game on a gameboy even if it does have to be modded

K

Kenjiro

Hibba dibba da dibba do.

Last edited by a moderator:

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Unless by "modded" you mean "innards taken out and replaced by something modern", probably not. I mean, compare the specs even to a low-level modern phone - most variables (RAM, internal memory, CPU speed) are just about 1000x lower.

DukeSoft

Maybe, just maaaaybeeee you could get some kind of javascript engine running on a gameboy, and then maaaaaybeee that will be able to support a webgl canvas of some kind? Still, you'll have an 8-bit CPU (clocked at 4mhz), 8kB of S-RAM, and 8kB video ram.

TL;DR: No.

Other solution would be to go for some kind of raspberry-ish device and hack that into a gameboy shell to make it look like its a gameboy. You can run game maker games on Raspberry Pi hardware.