• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Compiling error (iOS) running command 'mkdir -p...'

B

BFT

I've been working on an update to a game that I published on the Apple App Store last fall (late October 2017) using GMS2. I completed the update a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to port it to Xcode, or even test it on one of my iOS devices. Every time I try to compile it, I get the message "error running command 'mkdir -p/Users...' either as a pop-up, or in the output. I've updated everything to the latest versions: GMS2, Windows on the development machine, iOS on both test devices, Xcode, and MacOS on the Mac running Xcode. I've tried saving and compiling the game with different names in case the punctuation was messing it up. I also tried going back to the original game, which I was able to test and publish with no problem throughout 2017, and even that doesn't work. I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated, as I've had much more trouble attempting to publish a small-ish update to my game than I had publishing the game in the first place.

This might be unrelated, but in case it isn't: since I started work on version 1.1 (all work done in 2018), testing the game on Windows has been impossible. The game used to open in a small window with the aspect ratio of a smartphone screen (held vertically), and I could use my mouse in place of a finger for the touch controls. Now, however, the GMS2 runner window expands to take up the whole screen, and the cursor disappears. This happens whether I am using the laptop display or a separate monitor, and again, this never happened when I was working on version 1.0. Has anyone else experienced this, and is it related to the compile error?

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

B

BFT

Can anyone help me with this? I can't publish my update or any new games until I get this issue fixed. Thanks in advance.