Compiling App Bundle for Android

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by cadika_orade, Aug 14, 2019 at 6:09 AM.

Tags:
  1. cadika_orade

cadika_orade Member

Has anyone gotten the directions supplied by YoYo to work for them? I had it work a few weeks ago, but attempting to following the directions a second time isn't working for me.

Official procedure: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...ate-An-App-Bundle-For-Google-Play-Submissions

Like all YoYo Games documentation, it is rife with errors so you need to research each step to see if the author is right. In this case the syntax for the subst command is incorrect.

Previously, I managed to get it to spit out my game as an *.aab file as expected, but trying again today gradlew runs without errors but only outputs an *.apk, no *.aab. The documentation says the bundle will be in "%appdata%\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\[project name]\Android\default\[package name]\build\outputs\bundle\release", but there is no bundle directory to be found anywhere within GMS2CACHE.

2. Dandysius

Dandysius Member

Maybe you have updated the runtime between? This could mean you are supposed to re-do all the tutorial from the start, not only the last part

3. spinout

spinout Member

Yeah, I'm guessing you upgraded the runtime since then as well. Good luck! It's been working here.