Compile VM vs YCC index moved

Hello !

I have a serious project including several objects, sprites, enums etc ...

I 've compiled it on the windows and linux target with ycc mode without any issue. Later on I 've made some updates : modified things added some objects and sprites, removed some ... and there it's working fine in VM mode but in YYC instance indexes seems to be not matching anymore. Other instance are called instead of the named one. Is there a way the make it all rematch without manually open each object to make every name of instance called match back their indexes ?

I am on GMS 2.2 could be related to that ?

Thanks if you've read that o/

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Ummm.... Instance indexes can change at any time and there is no guaranteed "order" to them. If you have been relying on this for some process in your game then you have been relying on undocumented behaviour... Maybe if you gave an example of the code your using we can help with a workaround.

PS: Apart from what I've said above, since your post is a little vague, I would also suggest clearing the compiler cache and recompiling. A stale cache (especially using the YYC) can often give weird results.

Ummm.... Instance indexes can change at any time and there is no guaranteed "order" to them. If you have been relying on this for some process in your game then you have been relying on undocumented behaviour... Maybe if you gave an example of the code your using we can help with a workaround.

PS: Apart from what I've said above, since your post is a little vague, I would also suggest clearing the compiler cache and recompiling. A stale cache (especially using the YYC) can often give weird results.
Thanks !

It's probably about the cache. how to clear it though ?

EDIT: Ok i've got it. ctrl+F7 the little brush icon on the tool bar.

Thanks again !

Last edited: