• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Compile Failed

B

Bliamoh

Hello,

I recently installed GM Studio and everything works fine until I try to run my game on a Windows target (or any other target).
When I do so, I get this compile error :

"Compile Failed - Please check the Compile window for any additional information"

And the compile window is telling me that :

Compile started: 16:11:48
"C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=3 /j=4 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1760 /gn="Project1" /td="D:\" /cd="E:\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="192.168.1.121" /hprt="51268" /o="D:\\gm_ttt_36941\gm_ttt_43410" "E:\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Project1.gmx\Project1.project.gmx"

Asset Compile finished: 16:11:49
Compile finished: 16:11:49

I tried to follow the advice given here (even if I don't have the Android module) : http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/216753368-My-game-has-failed-to-build
But it didn't change anything...

When I go in File>Preferences, the Windows SDK status is OK so I don't understand where the problem is...

Any advice to help me to resolve this problem would be nice :).

Thx !

Windows 10
GM Studio 1.4.1757

N

Nodders

I'm having exactly the same issue with the version just bought from HumbleBundle. It wont work with the "my first game" tutorial or demo files.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Studio and running as admin with no luck.

Compile window is pretty much as above - says its going to compile, that compile finished and no other info.

I found and followed the instructions on this page on the yoyo site but that doesn't help either. I also found this page about Windows 8 (I'm on Windows 10) about installing VS, - do I really need to do this?

Any help gratefully received - I must be doing something wrong somewhere

Windows 10 64-bot
GM Studio Professional 1.4.1760

N

Nodders

Just fixed my problem above (found the solution in a Steam forum post). My default temp directory is on a RAMDisk. Changing the temp location from this to to C:/User/<user>/AppData/Local/Temp in preferences did the trick. Don't know if this will also work for you Bliomoh?

L

lol

Saving project to: C:\Users\meeanuraj\Desktop\Flames - the rpg\Flames - the rpg.yyp
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Flames - t_4E1B8A55_C9F012B9\macros.json
OptionsIni
Options: C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Flames - t_4E1B8A55_C9F012B9\platform_options.yy
TargetPreferences: C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Flames - t_4E1B8A55_C9F012B9\preferences.json
[Compile] Run asset compiler
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c ""C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /zpex /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /gn="Flames - the rpg" /td="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2" /cd="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\Flames - t_4E1B8A55_C9F012B9" /zpuf="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\meerajeev27_922148" /m=windows /tgt=64 /nodnd /cfg=default /o="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Flames - the rpg_7CD7A13A_VM" /sh=True /optionsini="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Flames - the rpg_7CD7A13A_VM\options.ini" /tp=2048 /cvm /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36/BaseProject/BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\meeanuraj\Desktop\Flames - the rpg\Flames - the rpg.yyp" /bt=run"
Reading project file....C:\Users\meeanuraj\Desktop\Flames - the rpg
Reading project file....C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36\BaseProject
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at ..(String , String , Guid , Dictionary`2 )
at ..(String , List`1 )
at ..(String , Dictionary`2 )
at ..(JsonTextReader , String , Boolean )
finished.
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
Final Compile...finished.
Saving IFF file... C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\Flames - the rpg_7CD7A13A_VM\Flames - the rpg.win
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=30
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Writing Chunk... CODE
Writing Chunk... VARI
Writing Chunk... FUNC
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
Writing Chunk... AUDO
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... DBGI
Writing Chunk... INST
Writing Chunk... LOCL
Writing Chunk... STRG
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1547.1006
Stats : GMA : sp=0,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=0,ro=0,da=0,ex=0,ma=2,fm=0x0

C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:05.2027088s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.3.36/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\meeanuraj\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 01/28/2017 17:42:20
FAILED : Run Program Complete
Thats the error message in the output screen

B

bushona

This happened to me also, the fix was fairly simple.
i had a variable (dir) autocorrect to the built in function (directory_create) with my arguments staying the same.
directory_create = point_direction(other.x,other.y,x,y); (bugged)
dir = point_direction(other.x,other.y,x,y); (fixed)
I would check your code for auto corrects like this, in the compile window you can see where it (if that's what it is) happened near the top of the compile.
Hope this helped anyone else with the same issue c: