• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Compile failed, pls check..

B

Bodasen

Hello everyone,
My problem is simple, i can't compile. Everytime i try to do so, i get this message : "compile failed please check the compiler window for any additional information". So i'm new with this software, and i got the steam version, because i couldn't launch the website version.
Here is what the complier window says:
"
Compile started: 20:09:37
"E:\Jeux steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\GMAssetCompiler.exe" /c /m=win /config="Default" /tgt=64 /obob=True /obpp=False /obru=True /obes=False /i=2 /j=4 /cvm /tp=2048 /mv=1 /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=1763 /gn="Project1" /td="E:\" /cd="E:\Utilisateurs\Cyril\Documents\GameMaker\Cache" /sh=True /dbgp="6502" /hip="192.168.0.10" /hprt="51268" /o="E:\\gm_ttt_61960\gm_ttt_57038" "E:\Utilisateurs\Cyril\Documents\GameMaker\Projects\Project1.gmx\Project1.project.gmx"

Asset Compile finished: 20:09:40
Compile finished: 20:09:40
"

This might be a dumb question, i must have missed something , but i can't figure it out :/
So I hope someone can help me , thank you !! =)

Ok , so no one is willing to help newcomers, it's not interesting i guess, great!

MOD EDIT: Double post merged.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Ok , so no one is willing to help newcomers, it's not interesting i guess, great!
Umm, instead of feeling like you're being ignored and getting sulky (it's only been a day!!!!), perhaps if you supplied more information about the issue you'd get some help? For example...

WHAT are you trying to compile?
Are you using the VM or the YYC?
Have you managed to compile anything, ever?
When you say compile, are you talking about the final executable or when you test play?
What are the system specs (particularly the OS)?

Also, you say the downloadable Desktop version from YYG doesn't work... it should! What happens when you install it? I'm thinking that there is maybe something wrong with your system setup here if you can't compile and can't use the standalone version, but without more info it's impossible to say.

PS: If a topic doesn't get a reply quickly it's NOT because nobody want's to help a new user (check the rest of the forums and you'll see dozens of new users getting help!)... it's because:
  • The topic isn't very clear on what the issue is.
  • The topic doesn't have enough information.
  • Nobody knows the answer.
So, please be patient and if you don't get replies, then try to add more information rather than complaining. ;)

B

Bodasen

OK, sorry about being impatient
Then , to answer your question:
-I was just trying to do the same as in the tutorial video for gamemaker studio ( creating a room, backgrounds... ) , so pretty basic thing . (
)
-I don't know what I'm using, I just know a have the steam version, and it's called GameMaker Studio
-I have never compiled anything :/
-When I say compile , it's when I test play
-I got windows 7 if that is the question

But I did some research, and I downloaded Visual studio express 2012 as required..., thought it might have helped..

And about the desktop version, idk why it's not working, i can download it , but when i try to launch it , nothing happens, i tried launching it as admin , doesnt work either. So , I don't really know.

So once again, sorry , and thanks for willing to help me =)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Does Windows have the SP1 update installed? Iirc, some people have had issues on Windows 7 without the service pack update so make sure that's installed. Other than that I really can't think what the issue may be, so if it persists even after updating WIndows, then you'll have to contact the YYG helpdesk and request some tech support from them (having Windows VS shouldn't make any difference to testing using the VM).