Android Compile Error with Google Play Licensing Extension duplicate entry

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by J4mie, Dec 14, 2018.

1. J4mie

J4mie Member

I'm trying to get Google play services working in my game for android. I already have IAP's working. but when i add the "GooglePlayLicensingAsExt" extension, it breaks my build.

* What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ':com.byJamieFord.EvoPet:transformClassesWithJarMergingForDebug'.
    > com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: org/apache/http/ConnectionClosedException.class

Here is a look at my extensions:
    [​IMG]

GooglePlayServicesExtention = version 3.0.5
    GooglePlayServicesIAPExtension = version 1.0.2
    GooglePlayLicensingAsExt = version 2.3.0

If i backdate the GooglePlayServicesExtention to version 3.0.1 using my svn, then it can compile, but my achievement_login returns -1. which i why i was trying to update the extension.
    I have the game setup on the google dev console and linked apps. I have the Google Services ID entered correctly.
    I tryed removing and adding the extensions many times.
    As far as i understand, GooglePlayLicensingAsExt is required to sign into google play services.
    I am running on runtime v2.1.5.246 because i have all sorts of problems with newer runtimes.

I used google services many years ago on a different game in gamemaker studio 1. So i'm not new to this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Warspite2

Warspite2 Member

Same same, can anyone shed a little light here for us?

3. chrisx2ds

chrisx2ds Member

Have the same issue, Looking for the solution as well.

4. Warspite2

Warspite2 Member

It has been confirmed that using both the licensing and services extenstions together cause failed build with that duplicate error. There is a thread around here someone explaing some of it I will try and find it. I ran yet another test, this time I went through an entire process of uploading a test game for the sole purpose of testing leadboards. It compiles find when the licensing extension is not in and then the leadboards work fine as well. This is with internal test on google play store so I assume it will work with actually public publish as well. Last as soon as I put the licensing extension back in the build fails. I believe you will have to build without license which I am not willing to do with any of my big games.

Edit: Here is the link to that thread if anyone wants to take a look... https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/failed-android-build-after-update.53922/#post-348552

Justice likes this.
  5. Justice

Justice Member

Has anyone submitted a bug report on this? I'm not seeing it at bugs.yoyogames.com, unless we count 0030066: Google Play Services Extension requires update, "Reports of various issues with the Google Play Services and IAPs extensions, which seem to stem from a login change with Google Play Licensing."

That was submitted 10/4/18 and last updated 10/31/18. I wish YYG would view Google Play as a critical component of the mobile export and prioritize keeping the extensions up to date.

6. Mert

Mert Member

Please instead of asking for a fix, file a suggestion to renew the extension.

A. Google will remove Google+ login soon.
    B. The extension does not return anything if user logs in silently.
    C. The extension lacks other essential components of GPGS system. (Multiplayer, Events etc.)

Also, SDK sources need to be updated to most current versions.

7. Pano

Pano Member