• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Compilation error

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
We need more information, show your full log. I believe this error is related to not finding an Android emulator (AVD).

We need more information, show your full log. I believe this error is related to not finding an Android emulator (AVD).
Well, i try to explain, but it will be hard

I installed Android Studio, downloaded SDK, NDK and JDK, and tried to compile my test project. "Compilation error"
Then i went to the google and tried to find solution."Change SDK and NDK versions to 16". Welp, but it's still doesent work with "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (2)"error

Maybei have to reinstall whole android studio and SDKs? Can you please write me a step-by-step guide, because a don't understand the official YoYo's FAQ

rIKmAN

Well, i try to explain, but it will be hard

I installed Android Studio, downloaded SDK, NDK and JDK, and tried to compile my test project. "Compilation error"
Then i went to the google and tried to find solution."Change SDK and NDK versions to 16". Welp, but it's still doesent work with "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (2)"error

Maybei have to reinstall whole android studio and SDKs? Can you please write me a step-by-step guide, because a don't understand the official YoYo's FAQ
If you want help with your error then you need to post your full compile log like Foxy already asked you to. The single line you posted gives no information at all to anyone.

I recently setup Android from scratch on another machine to help another user who was saying the guide didn’t work. It does work because that’s what I used when setting things up.

You can see the versions of everything I used in the post I made in that other thread which can be found here.

So either start again and use those same settings/versions from the above link, or post your full compile log so we can see what the actual issue is.

If you want help with your error then you need to post your full compile log like Foxy already asked you to. The single line you posted gives no information at all to anyone.

I recently setup Android from scratch on another machine to help another user who was saying the guide didn’t work. It does work because that’s what I used when setting things up.

You can see the versions of everything I used in the post I made in that other thread which can be found here.

So either start again and use those same settings/versions from the above link, or post your full compile log so we can see what the actual issue is.
"C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/bin/Igor.exe" -j=8 -options="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -v -- Android Package

Loaded Macros from C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\macros.json
Options: C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443\bin\platform_setting_defaults.json
Options: C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\frolok.daniels_3027277\local_settings.json
Options: C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\targetoptions.json
Setting up the Asset compiler
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /mv=1 /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="Something Android" /td="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" /cd="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D" /zpuf="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\frolok.daniels_3027277" /m=llvm-android /tgt=8 /llvmSource="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="Default" /fU="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\functionsUsed.txt" /o="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Something_Android_38BA846_YYC" /optionsini="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Something_Android_38BA846_YYC\options.ini" /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443\BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\Frolo\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Something Android\Something Andro
id.yyp" /preprocess="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D"
Found Project Format 2
ProjectFileWatcher:StartWatching:C:\Users\Frolo\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Something Android
Started: Ср.29.09.2021 16:20:53
Finished: Ср.29.09.2021 16:20:54
Diff: 00:00:00.7885513
Loaded Project: Something Android
finished.
Release build
Options: C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\ExtensionOptions.json
PlatformOptions
Options: C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\PlatformOptions.json
Options: C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\MainOptions.json
displayname
hostname
runtime
C:\SDKs\platform-tools\adb connect "R9JN50M6NQJ"
cannot resolve host 'R9JN50M6NQJ' and port 5555: Этот хост неизвестен. (11001)

C:\SDKs\platform-tools\adb DONE (0)
C:\SDKs\platform-tools\adb devices
List of devices attached

C:\SDKs\platform-tools\adb DONE (0)
OptionsIni
PlatformOptions
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe /c /mv=1 /zpex /iv=0 /rv=0 /bv=0 /j=8 /gn="Something Android" /td="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP" /cd="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D" /zpuf="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming/GameMakerStudio2\frolok.daniels_3027277" /m=llvm-android /tgt=8 /llvmSource="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/yyc/" /nodnd /cfg="Default" /fU="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\functionsUsed.txt" /o="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Something_Android_38BA846_YYC" /optionsini="C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Something_Android_38BA846_YYC\options.ini" /baseproject="C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443\BaseProject\BaseProject.yyp" "C:\Users\Frolo\Documents\GameMakerStudio2\Something Android\Something Andro
id.yyp" /arch=2 /bt=exe /rt=yyc
Compile Constants...finished.
Remove DnD...finished.
Compile Scripts...finished.
Compile Rooms...finished.
Compile Objects...finished.
Compile Timelines...finished.
Compile Triggers...finished.
Compile Extensions...finished.
Global scripts...finished.
finished.
collapsing enums.
Final Compile...finished.
Writing Chunk... GEN8
option_game_speed=60
Writing Chunk... OPTN
Writing Chunk... LANG
Writing Chunk... EXTN
Writing Chunk... SOND
Writing Chunk... AGRP
Writing Chunk... SPRT
Writing Chunk... BGND
Writing Chunk... PATH
Writing Chunk... SCPT
Writing Chunk... GLOB
Writing Chunk... SHDR
Writing Chunk... FONT
Writing Chunk... TMLN
Writing Chunk... OBJT
Writing Chunk... ACRV
Writing Chunk... SEQN
Writing Chunk... TAGS
Writing Chunk... ROOM
Writing Chunk... DAFL
Writing Chunk... EMBI
Writing Chunk... TPAGE
Texture Group - Default
Writing Chunk... TGIN
Writing Chunk... STRG
Writing Chunk... TXTR
0 Compressing texture... writing texture texture_0.png...
Writing Chunk... AUDO
ClangExeLocation=C:\SDKs\ndk\22.1.7171670\toolchains\llvm\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\clang++.exe
Using NDKDir = C:\SDKs\ndk\22.1.7171670
Using PlatformDir =
Using ARMToolChain = C:\SDKs\ndk\22.1.7171670\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64
saving file C:\Users\Frolo\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\Something_Android_38BA846_YYC\Something Android.droid
Android NDK: android-14 is unsupported. Using minimum supported version android-16.
fcntl(): Bad file descriptor
Android NDK: WARNING: APP_PLATFORM android-16 is higher than android:minSdkVersion 14 in ./AndroidManifest.xml. NDK binaries will *not* be compatible with devices older than android-16. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/master/docs/user/common_problems.md for more information.
make: *** No rule to make target 'Z:\Something__BA83F53B_C703F94D\Something Android\Default\Scripts\llvm-android\jni\libyoyo\..\..\gmlids.h', needed by 'obj/local/armeabi-v7a/objs/yoyo/gml_Object_Object1_Gesture_3.gml.o'. Stop.
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Stats : GMA : Elapsed=1467,7807
Stats : GMA : sp=1,au=0,bk=0,pt=0,sc=0,sh=0,fo=0,tl=0,ob=1,ro=1,da=0,ex=0,ma=3,fm=0x200000000000
C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.3.4.443/bin/GMAssetCompiler.exe exited with non-zero status (2)

Do you happen to be using extension in your project? It might not be v.2.3 compliance. I've had had an issue with failing to rebuild a project just because it was using an old extension which used to work on previous version. That said, if you do have an extension in your asset project do mention details about it, and try to remove it temporarily, and try to build the project without it.

For the sake of comparison, here's my current Android Setup in Preference;
Un.png

And this is my Game Option setting when I build my app;
un1.png

In the case of AVD not detected, make sure you run the emulator first, then you launch the IDE. Then make sure it's detected, like so;
un2.png

Last edited: