• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

OFFICIAL Community Manager

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Hi there!

I’m Ross, I’ve been at YoYo Games for about 5 years now and you may have seen me around if you’ve been to the helpdesk or reported GameMaker issues. We recently had to say goodbye to Lee (who was sad to leave us as our previous Community Manager) and I took this as an opportunity for change. I'm happy to announce I am the new Community Manager here at YoYo Games.

The GameMaker community has always been something that has made my time at YoYo worthwhile and I’m very excited to work closer with you all! I’ve always been interested in the work our previous Community Managers have been doing and they always spoke highly of the job.

Please feel free to reach to me here or on any of our social platforms. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Thanks,
Ross

( worth noting that I will be most active on our social, blog and emails and @Nocturne is still your GMC overlord! )

T

thaaks

Congratulations! And it seems you're already getting active on the Twitter account ;) Highly appreciated and I hope YoYo manages to increase it's public awareness with your help!

rIKmAN

It's great to see you being so active, you've made a great start!

Good luck with everything going forward!

Ednei

Congratulations on the new position. (I confess that I've always loved your posts by reporting the new updates).

Rob

Haha! It does feel that way sometimes. I think it's just been a bit unfortunate with timings of other opportunity for previous folks. With it being a public facing job position, it easy to look at it and notice the change in hand.

That said, I'm hoping to stick around for a while.
Good luck in the position and I wish you all the best ;)