Portfolio - Programming [Commisions Closed] Experienced Programmer available for Hire

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Shavv, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Shavv

Shavv Member

[​IMG]
    About Me

11+ years of experience in Game Development.
    Specialized in building unique concepts.
    Highly motivated for interacting with new projects.
    Exeprienced working with clients.

Services
    - Gameplay programming
    - Tutoring
    - Game Design

Previous Work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Videos

Contact me if you have any questions / want to see more examples of my work / or interested in my services by a Personal Message, or my discord: Shavv#5098

Have a beautifull day.

2. Otyugra

Otyugra Member

I'm interested in hiring you, as we need help with level design and coding alike. First, I have some general questions that seem worthwhile to ask publicly:
    1. How long, in vague, ideal terms, are you looking to be employed? About a month or so? A year? Two weeks? (We'd like to hire someone for several months)
    2. What are your most important goals out of this experience?
    3. When it comes to payment, is there a minimum below which you refuse? Let's say I offered to pay you North Carolina's minimum wage, as my company is based there even though we do our work online instead of a physical location. Would 7.25 USD an hour be so low that you'd refuse to work for that much? That's not actually what we'd offer to pay you, that's just an example. It seems to me that you are offering your service as a "Work-for-Hire," not an employee, meaning the employer can pay under minimum wage, doesn't have to offer health insurance or a 401k.
    4. Would getting a large percent of the profit, say 25 percent, for example, change your mind about question number 3? In other words, would a huge payout at the end make a smaller pay in the meantime more bearable? Speaking from experience and from watching GDC videos, it's not uncommon for an indie dev company to have a leader who doesn't get paid anything at all until their game succeeds on launch day and pays for things out-of-pocket, therefore is better equipped to share their eventual profit, rather than pay a wage.

3. Shavv

Shavv Member

Heey Otyugra. I would like to adress your questions one by one.

1. Im looking for all kinds of jobs. Depending on the project I could estimate wether what would be a good idea. Its all project based.
    2. Most important goals out of this experience for me is a succeeding project.
    3. Yes there is. But it all depends on the project.
    4. It is actually common to profit share, but only with beginners in developing games. When you look at it as a proffesional, profitshare is very uncommon unless you are from the same studio, because its not reliable.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM
    Kezarus likes this.