Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Subdomain Games

Name: Command Of War
Genre: Strategy
Platform: PC
Release Date: TBA (2017)

Command Of War is an intense, authentic and brutal World War 1 trench warfare strategy game which has been in development for over a year. Experience the brutality and stalemate of Trench warfare on both the western and eastern fronts during the Great War.

Command Of War is due for PC in 2017. Bookmark or watch this thread to keep up to date with its development.

WHY NOT DOWNLOAD AND TRY THE DEMO NOW!

DOWNLOAD & PLAY COMMAND OF WAR DEMO NOW!

All feedback is welcome and encouraged! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mariospants

I'm downloading it and I'll give you my impressions once I've played it a bit, but from the video, I can definitely say "brilliant sound effects, nice work!"

S

Subdomain Games

Are there be horses and tanks?
No horses as of yet. But the game will include tanks as you can see from the video and the Gif. There will be a light tank and a heavy tank in the game. Both are support weapons.

I'm downloading it and I'll give you my impressions once I've played it a bit, but from the video, I can definitely say "brilliant sound effects, nice work!"
Thank you very much. I can't wait to read your impressions on the game.

S

Subdomain Games

COMMAND OF WAR
Introducing the latest unit: THE FLAMETHROWER
WW1 saw the introduction of a brand new type of warfare. A never before seen pyrotechnic display of force.
The long burst of flame from the flamethrower was both a dreadful and awe-inspiring sight at the exact same time.

The flamethrower is still being worked on at the moment, you'll be able to get your hands on this unit in the next update.​

H

Hamed

OMG, This game looks VERY interesting. The sounds, the visuals, the gameplay... Everything looks amazing!

GL with this project.

S

Sirosky

Nice looking game! The art style is quite unique.

In terms of game mechanics, it actually looks almost identical to Warfare 1917, the Flash game. Not a bad thing though, since that was a great game. I do like that you can control individual snipers, unlike Warfare 1917.

I also get the feeling that this is a mobile game. The number of popups is a bit worrying, it breaks the flow and immersion of the game. That's the only real criticism I have, keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sirosky

Congrats! Baron, a Youtuber with 350k subs, featured your game on his channel! That's like any indie dev's wet dream haha.

H

Hanys

It is a good game, although the timed pop-ups sometimes disturb playing (manual sniper or machine gun). Waiting for the full release

S

Subdomain Games

OMG, This game looks VERY interesting. The sounds, the visuals, the gameplay... Everything looks amazing!

GL with this project.
Thank you very much. I'm glad you like it so far. :D

Nice looking game! The art style is quite unique.

In terms of game mechanics, it actually looks almost identical to Warfare 1917, the Flash game. Not a bad thing though, since that was a great game. I do like that you can control individual snipers, unlike Warfare 1917.

I also get the feeling that this is a mobile game. The number of popups is a bit worrying, it breaks the flow and immersion of the game. That's the only real criticism I have, keep up the good work!
Thanks for your feedback! the pop-ups do ruin the flow, but they only show up the first time you play the game and never again. It is used to explain things to the player only when the player initiates those features themselves.

Congrats! Baron, a Youtuber with 350k subs, featured your game on his channel! That's like any indie dev's wet dream haha.

Hahaha :cool:

Yes Baron really loves Command Of War. Which is great for me as that provides much needed publicity for indie games. It's a cool working relationship I have no established with Baron over Twitter. His channel subscribers also LOVE!! the game so much and want to see more, which is a win/win for Baron and myself. His subs want more videos, so he gets more views, while I need the publicity :D

S

Subdomain Games

NEW DEMO AVAILABLE
-
Added flamethrowers
-Improved the presentation (menus, messages etc)
-Added trench defense challenge mode (think Horde mode)
-Added chemical warfare (poison gas) :eek:
-Numerous bug/glitch fixes

GAMEPLAY VIDEO BY BARONVONGAMEZ

Enjoy
Download link

L

LukeM25954

Really good game, altough it would be great if it had a dificulty setting, and maybe more content like maps and so on. Great job so far! :)

S

Subdomain Games

NEW UPDATE
New unit:
The trench Shotgun unit has been added, great at close quarters combat and assaulting enemy trenches
Battlefield support: Add Mortars and trench phone to your first line support trench.
Exploding flamethrowers!
Control the tank turret
Play as Germany in Defense mode

Download and play NOW:
Download BETA demo v3.0

Gameplay of latest version (BaronVonGames)

Mortar and Tank control gameplay:

J

JustPlaying

Who knows when is the next update? and please don't tell me that dev's dropped the game.

C

Coolmatt66

This game is good.I know one way you could get more players.You could put the game on steam and get more players.Really, most PC gamers only trust steam because of viruses.Anyways good luck in development and I'll be ready for the full game.Goodluck!

O

ownelan

Look, I really really want to play this game, but I'm not buying that headache that is seven zip.
edit: if I click the link above it says that theres nothing there

M

mysticjim

Look, I really really want to play this game, but I'm not buying that headache that is seven zip.
edit: if I click the link above it says that theres nothing there
Last time I checked, 7Zip was free.

And if you check further up the last post from the dev, there is another link to a Google Drive location. The Demo still appears to be there.

Think the game has been abandoned, though.

L

Lovenathancar

I enjoy he game and it so AWESOME, I hope this game will have more updates in the future, I can't wait to see what's next

K

Karkat

Any plans on a steam or gamejolt release for this?

Would definitely pay for this

Definitely enjoyed this one :)
It's really catchy and you always want to do better and advance further!
Also, it really captures the feeling of the trench war, slow paced but deadly and everything can change quickly.

Some minor complains:
- Music gets really repetitive really fast and the sad tone doesn't feel right.
I mean it's a tactical war game, so I would expect something different (more "epic" but that leaves room to think)
- Sometimes control aren't intuitive enough, I would prefer a more RTS feel to it and make more use of the keyboard (right now it almost feel like mobile-game control)
Like my tank always gets blown up because it's kinda hard to control it AND do something more "complex" with your soldier

That being said, I'll be looking forward to the full release, it's already awesome :)

PS: Wow "to be due 2017" D:
Damn, I so hope it's not dead...

J

Josh2314

I think Command of war has either been cancelled or was a quick cash grab scam Edit I did some digging and found sad news they only got 671$ of the 8000$ needed by the end of 2016 so this is cancelled

J

Josh2314

Also, it really captures the feeling of the trench war, slow paced but deadly and everything can change quickly.

Some minor complains:
I mean it's a tactical war game, so I would expect something different (more "epic" but that leaves room to think)
- Sometimes control aren't intuitive enough, I would prefer a more RTS feel to it and make more use of the keyboard (right now it almost feel like mobile-game control)
Like my tank always gets blown up because it's kinda hard to control it AND do something more "complex" with your soldier

That being said, I'll be looking forward to the full release, it's already awesome :)

Their kickstarter failed

elytra19

Some minor complains:

do you still have a copy of command of war?

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Probably because the creator took it down. Before you ask, no, that's not going to get fixed, because they've been inactive for so long that their account was automatically deleted. So don't hold your breath.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
how do i actually play the game? When i click the download link it says that i have to request edit access
Apparently it won't be possible to gain access to the game, as the developer's own account has been deleted due to inactivity... Maybe the game isn't even under development anymore (unfortunately)...

Bozzume

Name: Command Of War
Genre: Strategy
Platform: PC
Release Date: TBA (2017)

Command Of War is an intense, authentic and brutal World War 1 trench warfare strategy game which has been in development for over a year. Experience the brutality and stalemate of Trench warfare on both the western and eastern fronts during the Great War.

Command Of War is due for PC in 2017. Bookmark or watch this thread to keep up to date with its development.

WHY NOT DOWNLOAD AND TRY THE DEMO NOW!

DOWNLOAD & PLAY COMMAND OF WAR DEMO NOW!

All feedback is welcome and encouraged! :D

Is any one else having issues with downloading it

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
Is any one else having issues with downloading it
Apparently it won't be possible to gain access to the game, as the developer's own account has been deleted due to inactivity... Maybe the game isn't even under development anymore (unfortunately)...
☝☝☝

For this reason the thread will be locked, if the OP returns or such they can request it be reopened

Status
Not open for further replies.