• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Comet Catch (pre-alpha Windows demo)

EXE Download Link

Description

Comet Catch is an arcade-ish game where the main goal is to catch blue comets while avoiding all others. You drag the catcher with the mouse. There are different planets that have different gravity, danger, and types of comets. There is a cheat to test the powerups (which aren't available any other way right now). Press spacebar to activate/toggle through different powerups.

Feedback Request
I'm looking for feedback on the idea, gameplay, controls, etc. The graphics are kind of place-holder for now. I'm not sure which direction I should go with the graphics. If you have any input on that, that would be great as well. Thank you!

Screenshots
CC Screenshot 1.png
CC Screenshot 2.png
CC Screenshot 3.png

*This game is meant for the mobile platform but I am putting up a Windows version since I'm guessing people don't usually go on these forums on their phones, but I might be wrong.*

Sk8dududu

On Tzeiru, the large yellow comets that crash down and burst into 3 smaller comets, 99% of the time, the 3 smaller comets that come out of it won't even land on the screen, making the yellow comet just another larger red one to dodge basically. Also your streak counter doesn't really work. :p I'm not sure if it was supposed to be implemented yet, but when it gives me a goal of a 10 or 15 streak and I surpass it, it didn't unlock.

Sk8dududu

I like the idea of the planets thing. For design I think some sort of moving image in the background of different planets would be neat. I'm not sure how retro you want to go with it, but a super star dust style and feel would be great, and definitely something people would play and enjoy on mobile.

Sk8dududu

The whole, future arcade type feel. Multipliers screaming at you, 💩💩💩💩 moving around in the back to distract as well as beautiful to look at. sensory overload is something that works well with space planet games.