OFFICIAL Come Meet YoYo at Gamescom

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
We will be attending Gamescom 2019 next week and showing off upcoming versions of GameMaker Studio 2 including our big GML changes and the Sequences update.

If you are around and want to meet up to talk anything about GameMaker then please reach out to us! (community @ yoyogames dot com)

We will hopefully have more to share with everyone on GML updates, Sequences and 2.3 soon :)

Last edited:
So excited for Gamemaker. I wonder what will happen in 2020 for GM?

Also, any news for a small Spine update to support 3.8?

XanthorXIII

Are we going to get the update on the features coming sooner than later? I’d kill to go to Gamescom but would be too expensive for me at the moment.

Toque

Germany is a bit far over the pond. Lucky Germans.

I hope if they are starting to show the public this stuff we will get a sneak peak too. Cool.

rmanthorp

GameMaker Staff
Admin
GameMaker Dev.
Any news on the new project format for GMS 2.3 mentioned in this ticket? Sure, GML 2020 and sequences will help expand GMS 2's audience, but it won't get very far beyond the realm of one-man bands if the project format continues to be hostile to multi-branch, multi-developer work.
Yeah. Sorry, nothing to share right now as there is a lot going on and up in the air. These project structure changes will be coming in with Sequences and the GML updates in 2.3 and the aim is very much focused at better source control and overall smarter choices for the structure of projects. Once we can share more we will and we are also looking to have a closed alpha/beta for 2.3.

Toque

The stand is housed inside a tent.

Invite only.

Need to know basis.
Is it a circus tent and selling tickets??

I’m not entirely sure how sequences will work. Sounds exciting though.

Can’t wait to see it in action. Glad it’s at least ready to demonstrate. A little excitement in the community is a good thing.

JeffJ

Posh Indie

That Guy
thanks buzzkill:D
He's been around long enough (like many of us) to get excited about the past, not the future when it comes to releases here. It's nice to hear things are happening, but until any of it gets delivered...

It's like preparing to watch a bad movie on Netflix; If you keep telling yourself how bad it is and how bad it will be, no matter how disappointing it actually is, it always turns out seeming better than you expected.