Windows Combat stats .

D

DheReaper

Hello , i started a 2D platform rpg game , i already made the movement and jumping scripts , but now i need to make some kind of stats to be used on all enemies , atk , hp and def points . Also for player a mana or energy stat .
As i'm new in gmc , i feel like i hited a wall and people are talking chinese :/

Edit : Aditional info : game is a platform 2D side scrolling game , like mario but it has combat system .

Last edited by a moderator:

TheouAegis

Well, do you know how to give the player Health? Now, do you know how to give an enemy Health? You have to use your own variables, not the built-in ones. Now do the same thing for the other stats you need to keep track of such as Mana, strength, defense, and whatever else. When you are trying to calculate how much damage the player does to the enemy or the enemy does to the player, you need to use an algorithm, that is, a mathematical formula based on all of those stats that you defined. That is basically all there is to it.

D

DheReaper

^ so ived been missunderstanded here , and i do realise that i writed everything wrong and i'm sorry that you wasted time with what i said q_q
I was thinking on creating a code or script with str , vit , energy and def , and all algoritms to be calculated in this script . Lets name the script cmbt .
And now , can i put the player to use script cmbt , and then add another script that tells the cmbt acript what stats does the player have ?
To simplify it even more :
Player use cmbt .
Cmbt dont know what stats the player have .
Aditional script tells cmbt what stats does player have .
Same for monsters .

Ps : Yes i know how to add hp and dmg , the simple way .

Last edited by a moderator: