• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Colour Select bug?

M

McWolke

I am not sure how this was planned, but i have the feeling that this Colour Picker/Select Colour is buggy.
if i pick a colour with the colour picker(O), i get the colour on the mouse button i used to pick it up, now if i want to change this colour by clicking on the colour, the Select Colour window pops up. but the Colour which i picked earlier is now different than the one that is in the select color window.

here's a little gif to show it:
you can see how i picked the purple colour, but i got a blue one in the select colour window.
this also happens with other colors like:
i pick white (little bit yellowish) -> get pure yellow
i pick grey(little bit blue) -> get turquoise

if this was intended (which i don't believe) why is it like that? i'd like to pick a colour and change it so i can continue working with it :/

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
The colour doesn't change if the colour picker is already open - this is a known issue. Not actually a bug.... but would be a nice addition so you can leave the colour selection open.

M

McWolke

no, i guess i didn't make myself clear :) the window wasn't open, i picked the colour, then opened the window to change the colour, but the colour is wrong.
here's another gif:
i pick the colour, open the window to change the colour, but the colour is wrong.
now i found out that if i click on the point where the colour SHOULD be, it gives me the correct colour!

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Oh .... okay. haven't seen that. Can you file that along with the GIF?

D

Dieter

Just wanted to say I have exactly the same issue(nice description with the gif!). I wondered if it has been resolved yet?