Released Colorsseum: A Brawler with MOBA-style Abilities

P

Patrick Wang

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.09.29.png

There are six colors in the rainbow, but there are only four colors in the Colorsseum! Orange is the fire spitting mage, who hails from the deserts and uses his staff to bake desserts. Blue is the ice lobbing caster, who used to be made of water but reached her freezing point when she moved to the tundra. Green is the Shaolin monk who likes to meditate in the forest to destress after work. And purple is the knife throwing rogue, who stays in the mountains to blend in with all the purple rocks.

Embody a color and fight your friends in a local multiplayer battle. Each character has four abilities with cooldowns, MOBA-style abilities in a platformer brawler. Enter the Colorsseum and test your might!

Download
If you want to get it for FREE for Mac or Windows, Download Here:

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 16.46.55.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lolslayer

I like quite a few of the moves and the subtle art/sounds, but the attacks don't feel punchy and the movement seems a bit too floaty

P

Patrick Wang

I like quite a few of the moves and the subtle art/sounds, but the attacks don't feel punchy and the movement seems a bit too floaty
Yeah floaty movement is a common complaint. I'll try to make it feel faster.

P

Patrick Wang

Well, not really faster, but heavier. It's hard to get it right and I don't know how you should do it myself, but I think that using more gravity could help with this
Alright I'll try out more gravity in the next update.

P

Patrick Wang

Okay, I'm interested to see how it will look like then :)
I slightly increased gravity and decreased jump power so that their jump height is closer to the platform height. I also added jump cancelling so you can do shorter jumps. I didn't want to increase gravity too much because I wanted the game to be slower-paced so there's a lower skill floor. You can download it here: https://fishgoatman.itch.io/colorsseum/devlog/52682/version-102. Also, if you want to be notified of future updates and announcements they'll be on the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/162156964483128/.