• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Colors are wrong when importing an image

Tbug20

Hi there, I've been encountering a problem with the image editor in GMS2. Whenever I import an image, the colors are always slightly off from the original. Even when I put in the exact hex code of the color, it's still wrong. Is there a way I can fix this?
Here's an example.
Original (its fuzzy because its 16x16):
goomba1.png
After importing:
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.04.48 PM.png

D

Deleted member 13992

If it's the exact same color hex code, it's either you're somehow indexing the image to a lower bitdepth when you export. Or it might be your screen color profiles. If you're using Photoshop and have a color profile overriden, for example.

What graphics software are you using?

None, actually. They're ripped straight from the Spriter's Resource.
The Spriter's Resource has been around for well over a decade. There's bound to be some sprite sheets made with some archaic, now-obsolete image editor that saves images in a color format that causes compatibility issues with modern programs. I recommend opening your image in an image editor and saving it before using it.