1. Hey! Guest! The 36th GMC Jam will take place between February 27th, 12:00 UTC - March 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NOTICE: We will be applying a Xenforo update on Tuesday 25th of February. This means that from approximately 10:00 to 14:00 BST the forums will be offline (or possibly longer). Sorry for the inconvenience! Official Announcement here.

Color Palettes & Blend Mode Lighting

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by robproctor83, Jan 28, 2020.

1. robproctor83

robproctor83 Member

Hiya, I'm trying to get my colors right, but when I load up the sprites in game they end up washed out because of my lighting, so I am trying to replicate the lighting in Photoshop. Any idea what blend mode this would be?

draw_set_blend_mode_ext(bm_dest_colour,bm_src_colour);

*Edit: Overlay seems like the closest, but it just isn't quite perfect.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  2. curato

curato Member

a lot of the lighting system work by subtracting from a black layer with a sprite drawing that sprite in the same spot(I am generalizing a bit) The issue with the washed out look may be the light sprite itself. maybe try adjusting the color and transparency on the light sprite a little and see if you can get a decent result.