• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual Collisions

C

coelamelon

So i made a overlay of a map im working on
upload_2018-12-16_1-27-59.png
and it has diagonal platforms, when i try to move with my character it doesnt go on, it's like the character can go down the hill normally but it cant go up due to some colission issue, it's like it's colliding with a pixel making it impossible to walk on diagonal surfaces.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Do you try to move up slopes, or do you just move straight left and right? Going down slopes is easy because you've got gravity helping you out, but you need to specifically code something to try to move up them. (The naive approach is: if there's a collision to your right, try checking right-and-above of the position, and if there's no collision there, move there instead. Otherwise, give up, because there's a wall to you right, not a slope)