• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual collision

F

Foreman

how do i make a collision for my player to run into using drag and drop with no programing?

Coded Games

Next time don't make two topics about the same thing. But you can use the collision event. Choose the object you want to collide with and any drag and drop actions assigned to that event will trigger then the two objects collide.

F

Foreman

Sorry about that. That's my teenage son. I'm trying to teach him game development and a big part of it is figuring out how to research and ask questions well. He still has a lot to learn on this front. ;) Let me clarify for him. He's trying to make the walls of his level have collision. He's followed that top-down bullet hell tutorial that's out there, but it doesn't cover collision. I'm not sure if your answer can apply to room tiles. Thanks for any help you can provide!