• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows COLLISION PROBLEM

Hi, I´m making a plataformer game and I have this script for the player step event:
GML:
var hor = keyboard_check(vk_right) - keyboard_check(vk_left);

if (hor != 0) {
    if place_free (x + hor*2.5, y ){
x += hor * 4
    }
image_xscale = hor

}

if (keyboard_check_pressed(vk_up) && collision_rectangle(x-8,y,x+8,y+1,object1,false,false)) {
    vspeed = -8;
}
and this script for the player end step event:
Code:
if (!collision_rectangle(x-8,y,x+8,y+1,object1,false,false)) {
    gravity = 0.3;
}

if (vspeed > 0) {
    var ground = collision_rectangle(x-8,y,x+8,y+vspeed,object1,false,false);
    if (ground) {
        y = ground.y;
        vspeed = 0;
        gravity = 0;
    }
} else if (vspeed < 0) {
    var ceiling = collision_rectangle(x-8,y-63,x+8,y-63+vspeed,object1,false,false);
    if (ceiling) {
        y = ceiling.y + ceiling.sprite_height + 63;
        vspeed = 0;

}
}
But I have 2 problems:
the first one is that where it says
Code:
if (hor != 0) {
    if place_free (x + hor*2.5, y ){
x += hor * 4
    }
image_xscale = hor

}
if I write a bigger number than 2.5, my character stops like 1 pixel before it touches the wall, and if I write 2.5 my character trespass like 1 pixel the wall, I don´t know what to put so that it can stop exactly when it touches the block.

My second problem is that if my character is on the top of the block and I walk slowly to the corner of the block, it trespasses it a bit (basically a bit less than half of the player verticaly is inside of the block) and it doesn´t let me move unless I jump. It only happens with the left half of the player. What should I do to correct it? the origin is down at the center 1 pixel below the player and the collision mask is covering all the player, which is a rectangle for now.