• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Collision of stretched objects from room editor

Plisken

Hello. So there's this wierd glitch that seems to happen when I stretch objects (specifically walls/floors) horizontally within the room editor. Basically the collision seems to work fine, except for the part of the wall furthest to the right, where it seems like the collision mask falls short of the actual sprite. It seems like the larger the object is, the more severe this problem becomes. (smaller objects are seemingly not effected). The same thing happens vertically as well, where if I make it too tall, the character will jump through the ceiling.

Is there a way to fix this?

Example:
https://hnet.com/video-to-gif/viewimage/20210915-16-JhP85zGVMGBOtVoU-3ZUMMJ-HNET (Hope this link doesn't die)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The link is broken I'm afraid... just goes to the conversion tool page and nothing else. Can you tell us what version of GMS2 you are on? I'm currently using the previous one, not the latest update, and don't have this issue (I used stretched objects for collisions everywhere in my current WIP). Also, what kind of sizes are we talking about here? I'm stretching an 8x8 base object up to 40 times it's size and see no problems.

Fiskyfisko

I'm having the same problem. If you stretch collision object like 20+ times horizontally the right side bugs out, as in you can walk like 10 pixels into the collision. Same thing happens vertically for the bottom side.

It's working fine in 2.3.3 runtime but 2.3.4 is causing the problem.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, thanks for confirming. Glad I chose not to update now!!! Could you please create a YYZ of the project and file a bug report with YYG about this?

Plisken

The link is broken I'm afraid... just goes to the conversion tool page and nothing else. Can you tell us what version of GMS2 you are on? I'm currently using the previous one, not the latest update, and don't have this issue (I used stretched objects for collisions everywhere in my current WIP). Also, what kind of sizes are we talking about here? I'm stretching an 8x8 base object up to 40 times it's size and see no problems.

I'm using the latest version. Original size of the object is 16 x 16.

Here's an unlisted video on Youtube since the link is dead in case you still want to see it: