• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Collision Object/Collision mask

J

Jelena

Helloo! I am using Game maker Drag & Drop and I have a problem with my collisions masks ( I guess?).. But first the problem: I have a collision object with a normal collsion set up, so my player should be able to walk on it and against it, but not through it. But since I scaled the collision object down and changed the player sprite, the player is walking against some unvisible bounderys far away from my actual collision object.. BUT! They work fine with other objects.. so I guess the collsion between the player an the wall is the actual problem..
The pink blocks are my collision objects.
Any suggestions, what youl possible be wrong and how I can change it?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

TheouAegis

Do you have a Mask assigned to either the player or collision object? If so, try removing the mask. If that fixes the problem, then your mask sprite was the wrong size. If it doesn't fix the problem, post your player's code.

J

Jelena

Yes I do have that! And I had a way too big mask on my player sprite.. Because it did not change, when I changed the frames of the sprite. I fixed that. But now my player is falling through the collision objects when he is walking.. And I dont know why! All my other objects are working fine with the collision objects, so I guess it has something to do with the walking sprite of the player? I attached a screenshot! Would it help if I uplaodedthe Game file? I am using drag and drop.. So I cant actually post my code of the player..

Attachments