• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion Collision Mask changes to Precise randomly

F

FiveSprites

Hi,

Hard to reproduce, but I've noticed that if I set my sprites to rectangle collision then after a while I start noticing odd behaviour in-game. When I check the sprites out again they've changed to "Precise (slow)", I very rarely use this and certainly didn't configure it for any sprite.

I'll keep trying to find out how/when this happens, but something to note.

//Andy

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you can give 100% steps to reproduce please file a bug (go to Help > File A Bug in the IDE).

T

ThewDev

I did find a way to reproduce this one, and reported it earlier in the week.
  • Open the IDE
  • Create a new object. It's collision mask will be the default (Precise: Slow)
  • Change the mask to a rectangle
  • Create another new object. By default, it's collision mask will visually appear to be a rectangle as well, but it's not. It's still Precise, which is always the default so far as I can tell.
  • Close the IDE and reopen it.
  • If you go back to the second object you created, it will now correctly show it's collision mask as Precise: Slow

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Nice work! Can you file this as a bug so we can (remember) to fix it?

gnysek

I think that dropdown with mask type is in indeterminate state when creating new sprite, and that's the whole bug, so fixing it should take one minute - sad that we need to wait for releasing it week or two because of other bugs, QA and other things :)