Collision location

lolslayer

Simple enough said, is there a way you can store the x-y locations of the collisions when using collision_line?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Yes, use a couple of ds_lists or maps. If you give more details, we can give a more precise answer... ;)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
but this is not possible wit the conventional function
Yes it is... Okay, maybe not with ONLY the function, but making a ray trace script that uses it, or even simply doing a check from the objects being looked for instead of from the object doing the looking, is perfectly doable. Which is why I asked for more information... it's impossible to give a 100% yay/nay answer without having more context...

lolslayer

I'm using an isometric grid (So the grid is based on emerald shapes, not on normal rectangles)

So I would like to know a way that you can collide with the outlines of the grid and the locations where you collide will be stored

That Marketplace asset looks good, I should probably give that a try

If it isn't fast enough to do it on a grid of 50x50 I would probably use 3D collisions in a 2D drawn world (The game I'm making is isometric and uses a variety of heights)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Isometric is all about how it's drawn. You should really be doing everything on a standard 2D grid plane and then simply draw it isometric... makes everything much, much easier.

I

icuurd12b42